Blog Archive

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Gratitude Everywhere

Where to begin? Gratitude. Always Gratitude!

This weekend was one of those where this mama’s heart got filled up because my adult kids chose me and desired to see and hang out with me! My daughter was in town for a wedding and hung out with us on Saturday, plus she asked this very willing Granita to babysit my sweet granddaughter, Saileigh!!! My son, Jonathan, is still in town from a short return from living in Mexico and joined us, plus my Chinese son, Alex, flew in recently from China to introduce his new lady friend and to see his American mom!!! We all hung out together as a family and had precious time together! I thank God for this gift!


I had the opportunity to hang out with these fine ladies and I took Journey on her first hike with me and her big sis, LillyMae. I’m grateful my body feels well enough to hike!


As many may know, I love mountain biking (green trails mostly). Last week I got to take another young lady on her first mountain bike trail ride and she did great! No Fear is not only my bike’s name but it’s how she approached the trails! Of course I informed her that to celebrate she needed a victory bike lift! Her Daddy would be so stoked to see her bravery and fearlessness! I’m so proud of you, Zoey! Plus I’m grateful that a friend of mine offered to give her a free kids mountain bike after telling him about her need for one! Shout out to Skip Torres!! You’re an amazing human with a big heart! 



I’m still pursuing a dream of creating something special for the cancer world that I’d love to see come to fruition. It’s one legacy that I would really be grateful to leave behind and see the idea grow into a reality for all people diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I have the vision but not sure how to make it manifest. It all started here on this trail in Yellow Springs, Ohio at John Bryan State Park’s mountain bike trail called Abracadabra. Hopefully, in the near future it will happen. I’ve emailed my oncologist to see if she would support my idea so I’ll see if she responds next week. As this unfolds, I’ll keep my readers up to date. If anyone is an entrepreneur and can help me and wants in on my secret and is willing to join me in making my dream come true, please message me. 


Tonight I listened to an interview with Brandon Lake. He’s someone I’d love to tell my story to about how his song Gratitude literally has been my anthem as the cancer in my lungs clogged my lymph channels so much so a year ago that I could hardly breathe or walk 15 feet without supplemental oxygen and how God miraculously cleared them to the point where I can effortlessly breathe, hike and bike daily! As the lyrics say, “You’ve got a Lion inside of your lungs so get up and praise the Lord!” I was filled with gratitude when I couldn’t breathe and I’m filled with gratitude now that I can! That’s something I can choose no matter how I physically am doing or feeling! This Gratitude is something worth celebrating! Here is Brandon’s Gratitude once again. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! - Ted Morris

Anonymous said...

I’m a proud mama 🥰🥰

Anonymous said...

♡♡♡

Anonymous said...

You are truly inspiring! I’m so happy to read you are still feeling great and doing what you love. You have touched so many people over the years, no matter what you are leaving a lasting legacy. I look forward to reading your journey. ~Nikki L.