Blog Archive

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Ohio to Florida



 Tuesday: I had more energy this day than yesterday, however, I failed to take Imodium after several ‘opportunities’ and signs to do so. Because of that, I think my electrolytes were off because when I went to bed, I woke up several times with mini Charlie Horse cramps in my legs! 🐴 🦵 Yikes!

I spent most of this day picking up flat rectangular stones from our creek in order to build little stone pillars around the legs of our new firewood shed! It was my idea to make it more beautiful and I’m happy with it! 



The most remarkable part of my day was being able to encourage and pray with a dear sister in Christ as she is dealing with and processing through her marital struggles. Betrayal and infidelity is a brutal tool of the enemy. Yet I know how powerful my God is to help us overcome, strengthen us by Truth, and give wisdom on how to move positions and heal. If ever I felt used by God to be there for someone, it was this moment! Jesus Christ was, is and will be victorious in our lives if we allow Him to be!

Wednesday and Thursday I mostly worked at the shop de-barking pieces of wood for our WonderVan flooring and table. When it’s done, it will look something like this coffee table that currently is in our Wilderness Room! I truly believe I’ll be living in the Taj Mahal of Van lifers!


I had the sheer joy of having dinner with some fine folks from my former employer’s office who lovingly continue to treat me with such kindness and understanding. And for those who couldn’t make it to Northstar Café, I at least got to stop by the office and visit! I really loved working with these two dentists!! If I could work again, I would pick them both to work with in a minute!! And the groupies that joined me at Northstar Café were so wonderful to see…it’s like we’re family! 



The rest of the week was working on helping John dig a trench for our electrical in the woods for the WonderVan. Admittedly, I really overworked my back and had to take a day off of physical labor. 


But I’m thankful I got to hike a bit in some beautiful woods where I could sit in nature and worship while walking. Then I got to meet up with my dear friend Doni and we got in a good hour hike too! 






Finally on Sunday I made it back to sunny Florida to spend time with my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter. Oh what joy beyond belief to hold this bundle. She giggles a little more, makes great big smiles when she wakes up and recognizes me and cuddles so sweetly. Literally being with her is so healing to me. I’m one blessed Granita! 



Monday and Tuesday I helped get the new nannies settle in as they started watching my granddaughter. And nothing is as sweet as holding a sleepy baby so I’m in heaven here especially when she’s handed to me at 5:30 am by a tired mama who needs to sleep! 


Wednesday night was a fun and special evening as I had dinner with a new friend, Lisa. She and I meet on a plane flying to Florida last month and reconnected now that I’m back. We chatted for hours at Coconut Jacks Restaurant about the goodness of God in our lives! It’s so fun when I clearly see how God just plops people randomly in our lives! 


Woke up Thursday and read a beautiful verse that I set to a photo I took while on a morning walk here in Florida. Then opened my Bible app and read this prayer in faith. 



“God,

You are the light of the world.

Because of You, I no longer walk in darkness but in Your light. May my life reflect Your truth, pointing others to You and bringing glory to Your name.

Give me the strength and courage to share the hope that I have in You.

This world is broken, but You make what’s broken whole again.

This year, draw near to the lost, the lonely, and the hurting. And, please draw near to me.

May Your love bring us together, mending division and unifying Your global Church.

No matter what this year holds, You are faithful and Your promises are true.

Thank You for the eternal hope that I have in You.

In Jesus’ name,

Amen.”

No comments: