Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Saileigh's Week

This week in Florida was wonderfully Saileigh-centric. 


As my daughter and son-in-law worked, the nannies and I took turns taking in those unforgettable melting smiles, occasional giggles, baby soft cuddles and even a few unnerving screams as my granddaughter is figuring out new people and new routines. Most mornings started with a sunny walk in the Florida neighborhood. It was a bit chilly some mornings, but crisp and fresh air was welcomed!


This was unlike back home in Ohio where it’s 32 and has snow flurries! Not that I mind snow or cold, but I’ll take the sunny warmth of 55-80, Thank you! 

This week I’ve had a few more kind and generous invitations to attend a girl’s luncheon and on Saturday night, I attended an anniversary party thrown by the best and most creative party thrower I know, Lorna!! “Wear white and show up!” was all I was told, but wowser can she make a blast out of a few hours with lots of creativity, laughter and love, spent with both old and new friends! I met so many people who were celebrating life and friendship with glowing white black-lit dresses, dancing, twirling and having great conversation! 



Bill and Lorna definitely are the quintessential definition of how to have a lot of fun with friends and family! I was blessed to be invited and bask in their festivities!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch in SW Ohio, my amazing husband continues to prepare our WonderVan for our upcoming journey into early retirement as he recently ordered 6 solar panels and meticulously plans the complicated and mundane things like electrical wattage conversion and wiring blueprints on his CAD. I’m so grateful I have such a gifted partner! I love that he trusts me enough, understands me enough and supports me enough to be who I am and I get to go visit family and friends constantly all around the country whenever I want!!…I can be me with no questions or criticism.  Thank you, John Wonderly.  He’s a gift from God that I continue to unwrap and discover and see God’s love coming through. 

As I’m here in Florida, I continue to hear more and more tragic and sad stories of people whose marriages are unraveling, frayed and fractured. I have deep sympathy and empathy for each story, each person. If my readers are one of “those”, please remember that you won’t be in this place of grief forever and I encourage you to look to the One…The only One who held me close and healed me when it was my turn in that most grueling cesspool of this life. I have said it before and I’ll say it boldly again, there is none like Him. Jesus is the only Way, the only Truth and the only Life. He’s not just MY Way, MY Truth and MY Life. He came so all could know the gift of real Life and true peace with a hope for the future. None gave that to me like Him! 


Each of us has our own journey we must trek and navigate and none of us has exactly the same road. Some of us have disease, some divorce, some betrayal, some death of a loved one, some abuse. For some it’s obvious and for others it’s not. … but ALL of us will experience loss of one kind or another in this life.  And unless we have walked in that persons shoes, we don’t know their struggles so I must bring love and gentleness, grace and forgiveness to each one whose path I cross.  That’s what Jesus did for me so why wouldn’t I not bring to others what I’ve been given?! 

People ask me about my cancer all the time and are amazed at how well I’m doing, how great I look, how positive I am…well, it’s truly not because of me. It’s because God has chosen to give me yet another day around the sun to share the treasure of forgiveness through Jesus. I don’t know why and I don’t know for how long, but as of today… “This is my gift to you”, He says. I love that this week I received a few texts reminding my of the date 3/16 and was reminded of the Bible verse John 3:16. 


Tuesday I got in my last snuggles with Saileigh, hugged my daughter and son-in-law goodbye then jumped on a plane back to cloudy, chilly, rainy Ohio! Many thanks to these beautiful humans who filled up my Granita tank! 





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So blessed to have time with this little treasure. Your faith helps sustain me. Love mom

Anonymous said...

Love seeing your Blog
Prayers and wishes!

Anonymous said...

😊😊😊