Blog Archive

Friday, March 15, 2024

I’ve Got The Joy Joy Joy Joy

After the last blog entry, how could my heart be any more grateful?!?! And boy have we celebrated!

Here in this photo I was gladly ringing 🔔 my Gratitude Bell once again this week as I will every three weeks for the rest of my life, but this time I’m joyfully ringing it knowing that there is zero active breast cancer in my body! Some people asked why I still get infusions if there’s no detectable cancer and the answer I’ve been told is that once a person is diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, the treatments do not ever come to an end because they never really know for sure if there might be a rogue cancer cell somewhere, so they basically preventively continue with infusions.

 

To celebrate, John and I went immediately to my favorite mountain biking trails at John Bryan State Park and we joyfully rode a couple trails on a perfect spring day! I love listening to Brandon Lake’s song Gratitude as I ride! And for those of you who know I have tried desperately to contact Brandon Lake himself to see if he received the Gratitude Bell gift I sent to him several months ago… No, I have heard nothing😞.


To my great surprise, I was treated last night to a Celebration🎗️ Dinner at a fancy restaurant called Jags.  My dear friends and former teammates from Advance Dentistry blessed me immensely! I was shocked, over joyed, elated and deeply touched at the gift of time each one of these dear people made to come and have dinner with me!  What a good God I have to bring them all into my life! Thank you AD for the cards and for sharing your Thursday evening with me! I love it that after almost TWO years they still think of me as “one of them”! 


To update folks on our WonderVan…yes, it’s coming along and John works on it nonstop, but there is still lots more to do. Here’s a sneak peek to what we’ve been working on this week…a couple table tops… one is end cut ash from our woods that was later filled in with dark brown epoxy and the other is a USA map with different species of wood for each state. I’ve been wanting to work on these two pieces for almost 2 years! What a joy!





This last week I started watching The Chosen series once again. If you haven’t seen it, I can’t say enough about how positively it affects me in a way that makes me fall in love with Jesus even more and what a great way to come into this season of sacrifice. It would be a blessing to anyone to watch it and see how great a love God has for us with a fresh endearing approach that I’m hopeful won’t disappoint anyone. You can watch the first three seasons by getting The Chosen app. Season four is just coming out and will be playing at theaters Thursday – Saturday before Easter.
JESUS is my greatest joy!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for this news . Thanking the Lord for you dear Tricia . What a beautiful light you are for the amazing love of Jesus our Lord .

Kathy Evans said...

Such exciting news my friend! So good to hear of your adventures. Are you and John looking for morel mushrooms yet? Have a great day!