Blog Archive

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Waiting For Radiation While Dreaming Of Quetico

Not much has happened since last week other than a couple lymphedema therapy appointments, which I finished my last one today! Arm is feeling much better and unless it worsens, I don't need to go back.  🙆

I'm dealing with a head cold like most people these days! Thankfully, I have a few more days to recover before I start radiation next week.

I did get a call this morning from Dr. Kharofa's office and my radiation appointments start this upcoming Monday, January 23rd, 2017.  I found out that my very first appointment with the simulator last week to get me set up for radiation cost over $5000, my yearly deductible! Gulp! On the bright side, I can just think of all my other medical appointments for this year as 'free'!

I'm doing a bit of audiobook listening these days. Just finished 'Unbroken' by Laura Hillenbrand. Excellent read.

Also, in all my spare time, I'm neurotically organizing my spice cupboard and cabinets. John has made me custom lazy susans for all my  pantry shelves and a kitchen cabinet for all my storage containers!

Even if I can't practice dental hygiene, I am feeling like I need to do something...getting a little bored. I wish I loved exercise more.

Today, I am very excited about one thing! The 2017 Cincinnati Sport and Travel Show is taking place and we always go there to meet our outfitter for our wilderness camping trip and get a date confirmed and talk 'shop' with the Zups! Since I missed my beloved Quetico trip last year due to stupid cancer, I will have the best 51st birthday this upcoming September 2017. And tonight, I get to immerse myself in dreaming of Wicksteed Lake, Rebecca Falls, and being in the most restorative and romantic place on earth for us...Quetico National Park, Canada!
 Lover's Falls where we never saw another person the entire day!
 My last cup of chai in Quetico 2015
 Roland Lake's secretive 5 star camp site
 The honey hole into Minn Lake and the end of Darkey River
 Serenity at its finest. Absolute silence and tranquility.

 Fog on Rebecca Falls

 Early morning peacefulness at Rebecca Falls
 Rebecca Falls
 Sunset on Wicksteed Lake


 I cannot wait until September 2017!



No comments: