Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Florida joy

Last Tuesday afternoon I had my infusion so on Wednesday morning 3:00 am, I started my blog for the week.



It went swimmingly. No pain. No discomfort. No weird feeling during or afterwards. At least not directly…however, for several weeks now I’ve had very stiff feelings in my hands all day and they tingle a lot on my finger tips, plus opening caps and lids is more difficult. When I have been sitting or lying down a long time my feet still ache and my ankle muscles, along with other joints, are tight. But I praise God that it seems to mostly go away once I get moving! I do wonder if this is a side effect of the infusion medications or if it’s because of cancer. Don’t know and kinda don’t want to know. I realize how much easier this is if I imagine it’s from the medications. Mentally all this cancer talk really can weigh on me if it’s not managed well. I must keep a genuine mindset of gratitude and see the miracles. I must believe I’m going to live a long time or fear wins. I must hope for my future life and imagine it happening or I’m not helping myself or my loved ones cope with the diagnosis. I don’t want to feel pity or sorry for myself and I don’t, but it’s never far away, especially if my mind wanders there or if I physically feel pain or breathing issues. That’s when I must really manage my thoughts and take them captive to Truth. 

Today…I am alive. 

Today…I can breathe without extra oxygen. 

Today…My physical discomforts are very minor. 

Today…I can travel to see my friends and family. 

Today…I can hike and bike. 

Today…I can live my life with so much joy!

Today...I have a healthy mindset. 

Today…My body has miraculously healed on many levels. 

Today…I want to be used by God however He sees fit for His Kingdom. 

Today…I choose gratitude and love. 

Not a bad start for my day today. 

The rest of my week was spent thoroughly enjoying one of my miracles, my granddaughter!!




I got to hold and snuggle her sweet little self for the past 5 days. My daughter, granddaughter and I went on morning walks, saw the ocean, and had lots of girl time together. Sarah and I even had a mom daughter night out.


I can’t think of much that’s more soulful and healing than holding a baby especially one that’s really cozy and cuddly!

Today is Tuesday, February 14, 2023. It was 11 years ago today that I proposed to my husband and he said, “Yes!” I’m so thankful we are still saying “yes” and still able to go out on Valentine’s Day dates! Just another miracle that I do not take for granted.


I’m also, profoundly thankful for a couple new friends that God appointed into my days this week. Lisa sat next to me on my flight to Florida and Lauren is someone who is fighting the good fight like me and I’m praying for her healing now too. 



I must end with my favorite song Gratitude and hope you enjoy listening to it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And all God’s people say HALLELUJAH & Amen.