Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

I’m so thankful to be alive today!

This week’s activity has been mostly doing just 2 things the majority of my days…🥾 Hiking and collecting brush, branches and trees that we had cut down along the lane going to John’s shop in order to burn it. I’ve been loving being a pyro!! The fires 🔥 have been big and beautiful and the physical exercise has been wonderful yet exhausting!!





John’s working diligently on the WonderVan and will until we are ready to move into it this upcoming Spring and I’m so thankful he knows or is learning what to do. I feel like I’ll be living in the most lovely camper van ever built!! Between electrical and plumbing my head spins to know all the details he has to figure out so I just stick to the fun stuff and let him worry about the rest. 


Spiritually I had a glorious moment on Saturday. LillyMae and I were hiking then stopped at my bench to sit a while. It was so special to have sun pouring through the pine tree branches and birds were chirping. One of my favorite sounds was happening all around where the wind was blowing through the tall pine trees. That ethereal sound is reminiscent of Quetico where we go Wilderness camping. And to top it off we rubbed small branches of evergreen on the bench and smelled the intoxicating scent of fresh pine!! All my senses were stimulated except taste and with the crisp chill in the air we literally sat in awe of the Presence of God all around us that was undeniable to someone who has eyes to see and ears to hear!! We shared our Life Verses with each other and literally talked out loud thanking God for such a special moment!


On Sunday I had a moment at church when for the first time since my second diagnosis my church sang Gratitude by Brandon Lake. I literally had to excuse myself and stand in the dark back corner while listening as the tears flowed down my face as I worshipped my great God and was filled with the sense of profound gratitude for my miracle of breath in my lungs!  

Later that day I helped my son finish preparing his house in order to rent it because he’s moving to Mexico on Monday!! Such a huge life change for him!! 


And I just heard from him!! He made it safely to Mexico to start a new life! Dream come true!! Please pray for his future to be centered on following God’s plan for him! I love his sense of adventure!


Monday I also spent the day with a dear friend, Patti!!! She was my boss for 3 years until Cvid changed the field of dental hygiene coaching. Now we get to just hang out as friends and talk about life, share a meal together and have slumber parties! I can say that it’s friends like her that remind me of God’s continued plan of using me in others lives. Thanks for always having meaningful conversations that are centered on Jesus and our journeys together on this planet, Patti! Thanks for sharing puppy kisses too!! We had a chance to watch the next episode of The Chosen! I love how much that new series helps me imagine and be so drawn to Jesus like no film ever has! I’d encourage everyone to take the time and binge watch that series more than anything! It’s found on the app The Chosen so feel free to download it. We also talked about my favorite book that explains Christianity written by John Cross. He was a missionary I knew many decades ago who wrote a book detailing my faith start to finish. There are several versions depending on the audience’s background and one can even download a few of the books for free on pdf format through the Goodseed website. I’ve mentioned it before but if you, my reader, never read it, I’d strongly suggest it. 


Finally today, Tuesday, arrived and it was yet another successful infusion day up in Columbus, OH at The James. Prior to going I wanted to be sure and get in a hike so I went to Patricia Allyn Park and got in 2 miles while FaceTiming with my daughter and granddaughter. Then when I went to pick up John for the commute to Columbus, he was so excited to see the reality of our new driveway in our woods for the WonderVan become reality as the gravel truck dumped #2s and #57s down. 


I can’t say enough about the blessings I get to experience because of this cancer diagnosis. Having Dr Sudheendra as my oncologist is pure joy. She’s so compassionate, knowledgeable and lovely! And she asked me to share my cancer diagnosis experience with a medical student so I got to share about the miracle God has chosen to bestow upon me. Then on our way out of the building there was a woman in a wheelchair who I “just happened” to share the elevator with and while our significant others were getting our cars we chatted. It was no doubt God moving in both our lives. She’s from a town where I used to live, she had breast cancer initially one year before me then was rediagnosed with metastatic breast cancer this summer that’s in her spine and lungs and she’s been with her significant other 11 years!! I couldn’t believe how similar our stories were. She seemed like she wasn’t having a very good day though so I asked if we could get together. I’m hoping she will take me up on it so we can get to know each other. I’m open to however God wants to use my life so long as it brings Him glory!


Infusion today means Florida tomorrow!! I can’t wait to hold my granddaughter once again and spend a few days with Sarah and Connor!!! Plus I’ll get to deliver yet more baby gifts for Saileigh that another friend of mine made her! Thank you, Linn!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an exciting adventure on the road is about to unfold. Prayers for all good things on your path. - Ted Morris

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Ted!! It will be!