Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

The gift of this Tuesday

Wednesday morning 3:35 am. I’ve been awake for hours and not tired, but burdened. Swirling doubt, sadness, inner turmoil, relational stress, and turbulent waters. I went downstairs to toss and turn on the couch and to be alone to pray. “Father, meet me here and show me the way!” I prayed. I watched Asbury’s 24/7 Revival again. Then I decided to watch the last episode of season 3 in The Chosen. This is one of the most moving episodes I’ve seen yet! “Jesus, don’t let me go!” Help me keep my eyes on You! Amen and hallelujah!

Thursday I spent time reading from Scripture (Mark 14-16), was on a video call with a friend in France, ran a bunch of errands, talked to my son in Mexico, visited one of my BFFs who is potty training her 2 year old, helped John work on the WonderVan, listened to a riveting Jordan Peterson 3 part video series on marriage and posted/sold more things on eBay. 

Friday was relatively normal for me. It was great to take long time friend, Jessica, to my bench at the end of a brisk hike at Patricia Allyn Park. 



Helped out my hubby again with a few more errands and continued working on our WonderVan. Here is the entire subfloor with the tubing for our in-floor heating installed. Next task…Wall insulation!


Friday evening I spent a few hours listening to teachings explaining End Times. It’s interesting to me that this week, two separate people in my life whom I care about deeply, asked me to explain what the Bible teaches about the end of times because they are experiencing their own spiritual revival. Seems God is mightily at work and I’m forever grateful to be used however He wants. I’ve actually learned more than I thought in my study of it! Fascinating what the Bible says about The End. I know it’s incumbent upon me to share how thankful I am to have been exposed to the gift of Jesus and to continue learning about Him, seeking and pressing in to know Him more…and to encourage everyone to please take the time to do the same. 


Saturday was such a fun day with John. We started and finished the day working at his shop doing projects for our dream life that’s soon to be a reality, Lord willing. I got to select different wood species that will be laser cut into a map of the United States to make a table for the WonderVan.


 John started to build a frame for where we will store our camp firewood once we sell the house and we are back in Ohio starting in our woods living in the WonderVan.


Then in the afternoon we went to an ice rink and John got to take a special young lady on a sled hockey ride as its maiden voyage before he donated it to the rink for future skaters!


After we had a date watching a new movie called Jesus Revolution! So so good! Go see it if you can! 

We returned back to the shop for more artsy fun creativity which is always enjoyable. I worked and listened to Keith Green radio and was transported to when I first got saved in 1984 and had an 8 track tape of his music I listened to over and over. My favorite songs of His are “Oh Lord, You’re Beautiful” and “The Lord Is My Shepherd

Sunday after church I hiked with LillyMae and we saw signs of Spring with leaves and early spring flowers. 





Then Sunday after the hike I had both mental and physical labor kind of fun. I moved rock and gravel for a couple hours down by our creek then started creating our kitchen table for the WonderVan. 



Monday morning I was not very awake either from moving gravel for two hours yesterday or from waking up multiple times in the night to pray. A woman I recently met who has metastatic breast cancer, similar to mine, was going in for spinal surgery this morning to have a rod placed in her vertebrae. The reality of how this disease can unravel one’s life was staring me in the face once again, yet I stand in awe of God, who has shown me such amazing grace, and given me the miracle of being able to do physical activity for one more day! I am beyond blessed and humbled to be doing as well as I am, despite physical aches and pains that come along with taking these drugs. 

AND it’s Tuesday once again! The day started too early at 4:30 am! My Chinese son, Alex called me at 5:30 a.m. and we talked about getting together soon. He holds such a special place on my heart!


Then, John and I headed up to Columbus, Ohio, for my infusion, which went wonderfully. Can I say enough how much I thank God for my oncologist, Dr Sudheendra!



Afterwards I got to spend a little time with my new friend, Lauren, who just had spinal surgery yesterday due to metastasized breast cancer in her spine. I am keenly aware of the fact that I am very much a recipient of a miracle right now and that although I also have it in my spine, I can do the physical activities that I do. However, I am spending the evening on a heating pad tonight because my lower back has been quite achy for a while now, and seems to be getting a little worse. 

Then tonight one of my dearest friends Liz and I hiked prayed and watched the beauty of the sunset together. I’m so blessed with such gifts as these and so thankful that I’m still here getting to enjoy each day including today.
 


Finally a special shout-out to my dear son-in-law, Connor, whose birthday it is and I’ll get to celebrate his 32 years in person with him soon. He’s such a gift to our family and one loving and attentive husband and new daddy. 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you are creating the WonderVan in such a personal & unique way💛. Happy Birthday Conner. You got to see Jesus Revival already?! Good for you. Regretfully w/ the Covid exposure and 3 funerals… I’ve not been able to see you. Blessedly they each know Jesus! Now for you. You are such a testimony!