Blog Archive

Friday, April 28, 2023

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things


These past couple weeks have been filled with some of my favorite things in life. I’m capital G Grateful for every moment I’m alive to experience and treasure every day!


Before my daughter and son-in-law prepared to head out in their first trip away from the baby, I got to spend a few days with them and my granddaughter. 



Sadly my sweet lemon wasn’t feeling so great for a couple days but this Granita was thankful to hold and comfort her. 


I was also so blessed spending an evening with my son who came home from Mexico for a short time!


And it’s morel mushroom hunting season right now in Ohio so I spent hours looking for them where I typically find dozens and only came up with a few! Very disappointing so far.  Hopefully next week I’ll find more but this is a short season so it could be one of those years I’m going to have to be thankful for only 2 stuffers! However, for the first time in my life I came across a deer antler shed and it was a solid 10 point buck!!


I had my first solo ride at John Bryan State Park mountain bike trails and had one of the best rides ever!! I rode every trail and had an inspiration on one of them that sparked an idea I hope to take to completion in the near future. If it happens, I’ll post here, but suffice it to say that I have a vision of something very special that will I hope will encourage all my fellow stage 4 cancer survivors to be grateful!



This weekend is the annual Stair Manufacturer’s Association conference and I got to join my hubby in Pittsburg for the gathering of old friends and fun excursions. We went to Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Waters House near Ohiopyle, PA. 


Diane V. and I thoroughly enjoyed a girl’s day out on Friday starting with the most delicious latte at a lovely coffee shop in Pittsburg with Michael, the barista at De Fer Café serving us up the finest lattes!




We then spent hours wandering the glass building of the Phipps Conservatory. We smelled the fragrance of hyacinth, catnip and oregano and tried naming as many plants as possible. I’m always in awe of the variety of colors, shapes, smells, sizes and designs of so many plants! There is order and beauty at every turn and I can’t help but be in awe of God’s creativity in it all!


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The 2 days we spent in pittsburgh were such a blessing..nourishment to my soul!!