Blog Archive

Saturday, August 5, 2023

2 Infusions and a Bell


Three weeks ago I had my infusion and it all seemed to go well other than a grouchy nurse who seemed irritated that I wanted to video my procedure and when she started my saline fluids I think it was flowing a little too fast because I got slightly light headed, but other than that it went normally. But a couple days post infusion I noticed this redness around my port. Dr Sudheendra’s nurse suggested marking the borders with a permanent marker to see if it changes. The only thing I can imagine that might have caused it was the materials used to access my port were new and since I do have an adhesive sensitivity, perhaps this was my body’s reaction to a new bandage adhesive?? It didn’t hurt or itch and it had no sensation of heat around it so nobody really knows why my skin reacted this way. 

For the next two weeks I really struggled with multiple, like dozens, of charlie horses at night especially in my shins and feet! And as per my usual I have had the typical diarrhea off and on that is par for the course with my Herceptin and Perjeta, so it’s likely my electrolytes are wonky from that? But a couple Wednesday nights ago was the worst! I think I bolted awake out of a deep sleep 6-8 times that night. I drank pickle juice and even resorted to a prescription muscle relaxer, which helped some. It’s not terrible to deal with these side effects, but it does make me wary of going hiking or mountain biking when I’ve had several bouts because I know I’ll sweat and disrupt my fluids even more. Wary, yes…but it hasn’t stopped me!



On the bright side, I’m excited to share just a little bit more news about something I’ve briefly mentioned in my blog that is a HUGE project I’m working on! I can spill the beans now as I have a confirmation from a company out East! To start, let’s just say that the song Gratitude (which has been my anthem song since being diagnosed with stage 4 last April, 2022) will have a whole new ring to it soon!! The full story will be in my blog entry once it’s available, but I’m having my very own GRATITUDE BELL made!! It will be produced and available to purchase soon and it’s my goal and vision to get one of these in every cancer treatment centers in the world! What’s my “Why”? You’ll have to wait to read the full story…let’s suffice it to say I’m so Grateful this dream is becoming a reality. Just one little legacy I hope to leave on this earth! A reminder for all of us to live in gratitude no matter the circumstances we find ourselves in. 


My hubby and I continue to work on the many hours it’s taking to complete our WonderVan. John is an engineering genius as I watch him modify, plan, and create the guts of this. He thinks it will likely take him 1000 hours by the time he’s done! It is going slower than either of us imagined but it’s not for lack of working on it. Here’s just a snapshot of where things are as of today. These may look like there’s not much here but if one only knew what has gone into this they be blown away!




Last week I popped to Florida for a few days to be with my daughter and her family, which was delightful and I’m grateful to have the ability to do that kind of travel last minute, but coming home was a struggle as Frontier Airlines just outright canceled my flights two days in a row and informed me that the next flight open was even 3 days later!!! Nothing like scrambling at the airport to find a last second flight on a different airline! This was especially upsetting because I had to cancel and reschedule my infusion because of it!! I’m no longer a fan of this airline despite its cheap flights! 

While there I got to visit with some friends, too! Thankful for their kindness in being my Uber drivers back to the airport! 


Yesterday, Friday August 4th, was yet another infusion. It was super easy! I thank God every day I’m alive and have the joy of breathing in deeply. I heard from my son who is traveling to Ecuador, I got to experience yet another gorgeous sunrise, ate a delicious summer BLT with Neuske’s bacon on it, spent the day with LillyMae, enjoyed a Pistachio Matcha Latte from Alchemy Kitchen after the infusion AND went on a bike ride!!! It was a blessed great day!! 







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well written. Thanks for sharing your journey. - Ted Morris, Arizona

Tina Morris said...

Im sooo very excited to learn more about your Gratitude Bell! Your spirit & kindness are so inspirational. Our Pastor is struggling w/ going on a lung transplant list … I’m going to share this with him today. He too had true personal relationship with Christ. His wife gentle and so loving. Prayers & joy continue for you! ❤️❤️

Anonymous said...

Father, I pray over my brother today and ask you to give him a spirit of gratitude as he sees the million little miracles all around him! Give him YOUR perspective and help him to hold on to the meaning of life…sharing about your Son Jesus to the world until you take us home. Nothing else…Hallelujah

Anonymous said...

Tricia, so glad to hear your Gratitude project is becoming a reality! Prayers for you ❤️

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful journal entry today! I love that you keep us all updated! I cannot wait to hear more about your ‘gratitude bell’ Tricia! You are such an inspiration!