Blog Archive

Friday, February 24, 2017

ONE MORE WEEK OF RADIATION AND I'M DONE!! GOOD BYE CANCER!

It's been 3 weeks since my last blog! I guess the reasons are good ones...I feel great! I have not experienced hardly any fatigue and my skin does not hurt. My radiation is going as well as one could imagine! Thank you, Jesus! To be specific, I have only had two days in the past 5 weeks when I had to lay down and take a little snooze. Not bad.  My skin is definitely more red and splotchy, but there is no itching, no pain, no peeling and no real awareness of it unless I rub my skin too hard. I keep it moisturized regularly and don't shower with super hot water, like I usually like, so I really don't even think about my radiation except for when I drive to my appointment every M-F or when someone asks. Here is Jen pointing out what they see when the radiation technologists treat me.




So since I have been feeling so awesome, I have been volunteering for my dentist, have started developing a dental hygiene coaching business, and keeping busy with my social schedule, including having a LulaRoe party. So glad my sweet daughter got to join me and now we can be matching mama and daughter!


We have hockey games to attend, friends to enjoy, and fun to have!

Next week my radiation will be even shorter as they will do what's called a BOOST, where they will no longer radiate my armpit or clavicle area but only focus on the area where the breast tumor was. So my 3 minute radiation appointment will turn into a 15 second appointment next week.

I also will meet with my medical oncologist on Monday and get the final word on when I can have my rotator cuff surgery.

For now, I'm keeping busy with normal life stuff. So thankful to be alive! And my hair just keeps on growing! Only 3 more years and it will look like BCD (Before Cancer Days).


1 comment:

Ann Post said...

You're rockin' the new 'do...I actually LOVE it! Always so happy to hear you're doing well! PTL!! Happy days ahead, my friend!