Blog Archive

Friday, February 3, 2017

Two Weeks Of Radiation Down, Four to Go!

I started radiation a couple weeks ago and nothing has really changed physically. It's still quick, easy, and painless. In fact, I was told that I should expect fatigue after week 1 or 2 and I still am feeling normal energy. In fact, I've woken up a few times at 2-3 a.m. and couldn't fall back asleep! My skin has not turned pink or feel like sunburn yet either! So lots to be thankful for.


After chemo and losing my hair, I went from long brown (30% gray) to bald. Then on October 15, 2016 I stopped shaving my few hairs remaining and let it start growing back in. Now I have a really cute hair color that I've been told that people would pay lots of money to have their hair colored like how mine is growing back in! I'm loving it, but it will be growing out long again. And I'm thankful everyday for bedhead...it means I have hair!

I've also enjoyed hanging with some local friends, Susan and Karen,
my daughter, Sarah Jean,
 and this weekend I have the joy of LillyMae Pieniazek as she will 'hang' with us tomorrow night at our Frozen Butt Hang! We were out in the Wonderly Woods all afternoon preparing for the 'hangers'! I am so appreciative that I have the physical strength and energy to do this. We love hanging in our woods!



No comments: