Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Day Nov. 9, 2016 GREAT NEWS!! My MRI report delivered to you with flying colors!

This week is packed with  great news! First, I had my last chemo on Monday. Second, I had an MRI on Tuesday and the Presidential election is finally over! And third, my breast surgeon gave me some humbling good news today! Oh, and let it be said that I have a total girl crush on my surgeon! She  is warm and friendly, genuine and confident, bubbly and fun, extremely competent, and simply adorable!  I am very, very thankful that  Dr. Manders was recommended to me back in May. I wouldn't think of going to anyone else to have my surgery done! 
 I now have my surgery scheduled for Tuesday, November 29, 2016. And here is my GREAT NEWS: The post chemo MRI showed no measurable mass in my breast and the notes on the MRI report state that the mass is essentially resolved!!! Previously I had a 1.5 cm tumor that was found with the MRI. Additionally, the axillary nodes, aka armpit lymph nodes, are also diminished in size with no abnormally enlarged nodes found!!! This does not mean that there is no cancer in them, however, the possibility of my lymph nodes being negative now are much greater and the fact that she said that she wouldn't even be able to find the cancer without the markers previously placed during the biopsy means that the chemo did it's job exceptionally well!!

During surgery the biopsies will be performed and that report will be definitive in determining the final pathology of the lymph nodes to determine if I'll only need a lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy vs. lumpectomy with full node dissection. Let's all pray for the sentinel node biopsy only!

Again, thank you, everyone for your prayers. I do not take them for granted.

2 comments:

SB said...

Great news! When is surgery?

KathyE said...

Yay Trish !!!!! I'm so excited for you! I'll be praying for you as always. I'm so thankful for you and our friendship! Love you, Kathy