Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Day November 2, 2016 "What Was I Just Doing?" & Wax Anyone?

As I mentioned in Monday's post, my thinking and processing has definitely been affected with the chemo lately. But it's pretty minor, all things considered.  While Monday I was super jittery and my drugs were noticeably making me a little crazy, yesterday and today I have been much more 'normal' feeling.

The biggest help is to not attempting multi-tasking or doing too much in a day. I seem to focus well on one thing at a time...for the most part.  But it's pretty common for me to walk into a room, pause, then think to myself, "What was I going to do?" or "Why did I just walk in this room?" Sometimes I just can't remember, so I do the next thing on my to do list. I know lots of my readers will say that they have the same issue...trust me, chemo brain just feels different. I keep thinking that this must be what it's like when an elderly person is beginning to notice dementia-type behavior. I know that I am forgetting, and I know it's not supposed to be that way. There is a little fear that it might never be the same, but I am hopeful.

I admit, these past 2 days (of course, with steroids in me), I have been very productive. I have cooked fancy meals, cut the grass, blew all the fall leaves in the backyard, cleaned the house including some windows...and that was with a straight razor and vinegar. I'm talking deep cleaning! I have visited with a precious sister in the Lord aka Doni Owens, baked gingerbread cookies, and something else...but I can't remember! Seriously.

Physically I am not feeling anything from the chemo other than an occasional strange prickly or tingly feeling in my face, but it's just an awareness, not a discomfort.

I am looking forward to a visit from an old friend of mine from when I lived in Illinois! This neighbor of mine and I have kept in communication for over 13 years when we moved away from northern Illinois. The agenda is to relax, catch up on our families, and wax! Yes, you read that right.  She is someone who waxes HERSELF! And when I told her my hair (everywhere) is growing back in and I kinda liked the no shaving thing, she offered to teach me to wax myself! So because the hair that grows back in is like baby hair and not my usual course, stubbly hair, I figured that now is the time to try it. It will be funny...and painful!

No comments: