Blog Archive

Monday, November 7, 2016

Day November 7, 2016 Let It Be Said That I Finally Am Done With Chemotherapy After 5 Months & I Loved My Weekend With A Dear Friend

 Today was my last chemotherapy appointment.
  My sweet husband insisted he come with me, and I'm so thankful he did.

 This is the actual moment of the needle being removed from my port. I want to thank every person at Dr. Cody's office for treating me so wonderfully! I'll miss you...sort of! You know what I mean :)
 I'm very glad to be at the end of this phase of my treatment; it has been much easier than I expected for the last 12 weeks. That's a huge praise!
 Here is one of my chemo sisters in the chemo salon. Today was  the last day of treatment for both of us!
Everyone said to 'celebrate' and several people asked if I was 'excited' that it was my last day. Honestly, 'excited' was not the word I would have chosen for today. Yes, I'm glad it's behind me,  but excited? Not feeling it like that. In fact, I got a little teary on the drive home. I think it's the exhale, the whew, the now breathe 'moment' after 5 months of having my world turned upside down that was more my reality. And the tears were the physical letting it out that I made it this far. Indeed, I am thankful beyond words for all the support and prayers that have kept my spirits afloat! So, at first I had no interest in 'celebrating', but then I thought about peppermint ice cream with homemade dark chocolate ganache and I changed my mind. I 'celebrated' by stuffing my face with one of my favorite cold weather ice cream treats.




And the past 4 days have been such an incredibly fun and glorious time visiting with my old neighbor, Cindy, from Illinois. We caught up after almost 6-7 years of not seeing each other as we enjoyed a campfire, we hiked, we ate way too much while touring Dorothy Lane Market, we devoured Pies and Pints wings...twice, she taught me how to wax, and we both thoroughly  cried laughing as we fought over the a/c vs the heater depending on who, at any given moment, was having a hot flash! Such a gift to have her fly from NJ to visit me.

No comments: