Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Florida Family Time

Perfect Florida weather for the last few days has been such a delight! Pure blue skies, and 75° weather is about as idyllic as one could hope for! The blooms on these orchid trees are intoxicating as I take my daily walks and enjoy the gift of physical exercise and family time.


I was able to head down to Naples, Florida to visit and spend time with my daughter & SIL, Sarah and Connor. And spending time with my granddaughter, where I can hold and cuddle her cozy little self, is one of the most joyful things a grandmother can have! I love how she’s so much more attentive, and even makes eye contact and starts to smile and interact with me now.


Physically, I am feeling great, and the blisters on my feet are mostly healed, however, a new little one started again today, but it doesn’t seem to affect my walking. It doesn’t hurt for the most part, so for that I’m thankful. I also called my oncologist to inform her that after the MRI and CT scans I noticed a random bruise above my port area and had no idea why.


Thankfully, it doesn’t hurt and it seems to be healing, so we are hoping that it’s nothing to be concerned about. She said there’s a possibility we may need to do some kind of a test where we check it with a dye and see if there could be a leak in the tubing connected to my port if it doesn’t go away, but I sure hope that’s not the case. Doesn’t sound like much fun. 

Here is a fun recipe for my foodie friends that my daughter shared with me. I do not like spicy food, so I thought this would be too hot because of the jalapeños, but it was not at all, and I thoroughly loved and enjoyed every bite! You want to try this while cranberries can be found. It’s called Christmas dip. 


Monday night I watched the most recent episode of The Chosen and cannot emphasize enough how I love this series and would encourage everyone to watch it! If you’re much of a reader of my blog you already know I love Jesus, but THIS video production is one that helps me fall in love with Jesus even more! It’s free to watch on the app by Angel Studios called The Chosen

Today, Tuesday, was a more relaxing day. Sarah and I got to go for a chilly and beautiful walk this morning then read together, hung out in the hot tub and snacked on a delicious appetizer dish while holding the grand baby as much as possible!!



No comments: