Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Photo Blog this week

These photos aren’t in the correct order but honestly I’m too tired and lazy to delete them and re-upload them chronologically, so my readers will have to logically figure it out this week! 

Basically, I spent this week on a girl’s hiking trip in southeast Wisconsin with my favorite 13 year old, LillyMae, and our amazing, encouraging and hilarious friend and mountain bike coach, Brenda, as we covered four days of hiking the Ice Age Trail and sleeping in tents at night. 20° is pretty chilly to wake up to, but we accomplished our goals of hiking daily as many miles as our feet could tolerate for a total of about 27 miles altogether as we just about completed Jefferson and Waukesha Counties. We saw wild prairies, Pine Grove forests and old oak tree forests that were quite hilly. The sunrises over bucolic Wisconsin farms were glowing pink and lavender and probably a few dated from the 1800s. We also got to celebrate Brenda’s birthday with her favorite Keylime pie.

In the middle of the hiking trip I got to go to my niece’s baby shower where my crazy sisters were all in attendance with other family members. I can’t verbalize how blessed I am to call these three MY favorite sisters. I’m so blessed! Each one holds a sacred place in my heart! I love you Karen, Paula and Lys! 

 After the hiking trip ended, I was able to give LillyMae the experience of my favorite farm in America at Rich and Wendy’s in northern Illinois, where we were spoiled with delicious homemade organic food like the quiche below, liquid gold, which is fresh raw goat milk, and the experience of LillyMae milking her first goat! Wendy spoiled us as usual and this time we got to sit in her dry sauna where we finally thawed out after 3 nights of camping outside!




















 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love pics mom 😍❤️