Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Anniversary Celebration Continued

As John and I wrap up a 4 day celebration of our 10 year wedding anniversary, I would like to acknowledge and thank my God for His miracles and mercies toward me every day. Without God in my life, I’d be lost in every way. 

We had 2 full days of hiking in Red River Gorge and saw several natural stone bridges and thoroughly enjoyed a friend’s log cabin! We are astounded at the love shown to us by so many friends on this journey! Tonight we thank Tom for the gift of his family’s chalet!!!

This evening we ended our anniversary celebration at a concert in Dayton listening to a local Cincinnati group called ‘4-Way Quartet’ playing Christmas songs, including several from The Nutcracker. I was surprised at my initial physical response to the overwhelming beauty of the strings and gratitude in my heart. Tears flowed freely as I realized how blessed I am to be alive and see illuminated candles surrounding the musicians as they entertained us with perfectly tuned instruments in worship of the coming birth of the Savior of the world! As we sat down in the Dayton Arcade, an historical building that’s been beautifully restored, God had us sit next to three lovely women starting with Darlene who’s almost 90! She was accompanied by one of her daughters and her grand daughter whom we’re all lovely and such angels! Darlene was so sweet and encouraging! I just thank You, Father for orchestrating all these miracles from the people to the music! In a span of one hour I saw His love poured out on me to gushing!!! I’m so blessed!


Now that I’ve met my 3 goals since this second diagnosis, I need to think about my next goals. One is to definitely finish building out our WonderVan, sell our belongings and house and embark on a dream life of traveling the country and world for many, many years to come! Another is to visit my new little granddaughter every month or two and watch her grow and develop into a gentle and loving little girl. And third …well, I haven’t decided my third goal yet. 

As for how I’m feeling physically, I am practically perfect in every way, except for a few minor inconveniences like occasional rib pressure, general muscular tightness when I stretch or breathe deeply and a few skin issues that need more healing. But I’m really feeling amazing overall! 

Again I’d like to personally thank you if you’ve prayed for me, reached out to me, sent me anything, called or visited me or even just thought about me! 





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suggestion for Goal #3: 20th anniversary. Life is so SWeet

Karen Jones said...

Happy Anniversary and so happy you were able to stay at the chalet - looked beautiful - always praying for you - great suggestion for goal #3

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind words
My prayer for you is that you have a healthy, healing new year.