Blog Archive

Sunday, December 18, 2022

Wonderly Christmas Gathering

Oh my! Time does fly! It’s been a few days since my last blog and it only feels like a minute. 

Thankfully my health feels great and other than working out in our woods for the past couple days that wore me out, I’m still doing really wonderful!  

This week I read a special story to a dear friend, Judy, in France. It’s called The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans. The story had us both in tears as we were touched by the sweet first gift of Christmas. 

 I did get to a little Christmas baking with these family favorite marshmallow wreaths, thanks to my Aunt MaryAnn.



Then I helped move logs John cut up for our annual bonfire at our Christmas Gathering with some friends. All day Friday and Saturday we cleaned up and set out lots of candles throughout the woods that lit the trail down to this massive bonfire! 



Then last night we had the gift of several friends come and join us in singing Christmas carols, listening to the Christmas story in Luke 2:1-20 read from Santa aka John Wonderly and warming up next to this inferno. 




Then today I got to enjoy my dear friend JO at a Christmas cantata before she moves out of state! I just love how God orchestrated this sweet friendship! 

As I approach the week before Christmas I’m thankful for the opportunity to meet with some friends this week, then I will have an infusion on Tuesday and before I know it, my kids will be here and I’ll get to see my beautiful granddaughter again! I can’t wait!

No comments: