Blog Archive

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Day Sept. 10, 2016 New Side Effects, But No Complaints...Yet

So, I continually am amazed at the ease I am having so far with Taxol. How I have been feeling is nothing short of excellent! However, I did notice yesterday that the bottoms of my feet, especially my heels, look like a 90 year olds with cracking, peeling layers of skin! It almost looked like gross Athlete's Foot, but I'm no athlete! So, I went to the fastest doctor I know and called Dr. Google!  There it was! Taxol CAN cause peeling skin on hands and feet. So the hygienist in me went a little crazy and began picking and peeling it off until I got to the tender edge where the attached skin and the detached skin met...not such an easy goodbye! I'll be asking Dr. Cody about that on Monday. I have not yet felt any neuropathy, but I am thinking it might start according to some reports from previous users.

But other than that one little thing, all else is peachy. I'll end there as I would rather join my hubs in our Jacuzzi and watch a Netflix flick! We have a busy day tomorrow as we are playing in our woods again. Started to today, but got rained out. We are being adventurous and hanging his deer stand on another tree. Then a couple friends will be coming over to celebrate John's 52nd birthday.

If I still feel this stable, I plan on visiting a friend in Northern Illinois next week. She is a nurse in oncology, so if anything happens, I'm in good hands. She also has an organic goat farm and I think we will be harvesting fruits and veggies and canning them in lots of Mason jars.




No comments: