Blog Archive

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Sept. 29, 2016 Today I Celebrate Life At 50

Without cancer I would not be writing this entry, or this blog for that matter! I would actually be spending my last night in the wilderness after 2 weeks in Quetico, Canada with the sweetest, kindest, and most tender, romantic husband I could dream of! I turned 50 today and my wish was to spend it there in the Magic of Quetico, but life threw me other plans and so we punted!

I woke up to the soft voice of Zoey Pieniazek telling me she was hungry! Zoey had her first sleep over with us aka Papa John and 'Baby Pea", as I am quirkily called by the  Pieniazek kids. At 4 years old, she sagely told me that when she was 3, she thought being 4 sounded old, but then once she got there, it felt normal, so she really understood me when I told her that being 50 sounded old when I was younger, but today it feels normal!  Then  Liz and the other kids showed up for birthday breakfast that John made us! Then he surprised me with paddling and chocolates and waterfalls, and loon songs while paddling just to try and make it like Quetico! When we got home, my co-workers showed up and surprised me with pumpkin cheesecake and flowers and cards! What a blessing! Then my  mom and dad got me a gift card to Dorothy Lane Market so John could get me some special treats. I said I would like a movie and dinner, so we went to see Sully, and on Saturday or Sunday I will get my favorite meal with my favorite man !

I am so blessed and thankful for being alive! Thankfully, too, my hands and feet are still intact! I can honestly say I have pretty tender feet but they are not peeling from the new medication yet, so keep on praying. They do look 'plastic-y', which could be the beginning of tissue changes, but until they peel, I count it a blessing every day!

Thank you to all my family, friends, and loved ones that acknowledged me today! I truly feel loved and blessed beyond measure! 


No comments: