Blog Archive

Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas 2016

Christmas is over.

I think this is one of those years that I will have to intentionally focus on the great things because too many things happened that made me understand when people say that the holidays can be more stressful  than fun! Thankfully, we got to see 3 of our kids at least!  I even talked to my Chinese son, Alex, who now lives in California with his wife and daughter, Charlotte!


We also celebrated Christmas Eve Eve at Red Door with the most upbeat, joyful service and both of my kids joined us for it!
Then John and I took Jonathan to Caesar's Creek to kayak and we had the traditional British beer at the waterfall! Slainte!



Following that, the three of us had a very quiet night in the Wilderness Room in our house with the warmth of the fire  while listening to The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans. A must read at Christmas!

Jonathan and I enjoyed working in John's shop together finishing up some of his Christmas gifts. It was good spending 3 full days with him as it's been years since I've spent that much time with him! I am very thankful he is making such good decisions  to seek God and find what He wants to do with his life. 

Christmas Day was a day with friends and family, good food, fun games, and the best was the gift of my friend, Deb Slanaker, who wrote and sang the most beautiful worship song I've ever heard!  She is in remission from leukemia and subsequent strokes from it, but God gave her this song. Hopefully, one day, she will sing it at Red Door.

I'll just say that this has been an odd Christmas, but I hold on to this Scripture today:
 
Hebrews 13:8  "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

As for how I'm physically feeling, I am struggling with  my left arm being very tight still when it extends, so I stretch it several times daily. Unfortunately, I don't feel it improving. I am looking forward to this week when my lymphedema sleeves will be delivered!  Then next week, I will begin specific therapy for it.




No comments: