Blog Archive

Friday, December 9, 2016

Day December 9, 2016 Post Surgery Update and The First Christmas Party Of The Season Coming Up!

Medical reporting after surgery: My drain is showing less and less fluid accumulation now, but still not enough to remove it today. So with the weekend coming up, I have an appointment on Monday, December 12 to have the drain removed. Happy 4th Anniversary to me!


Also, I called Sue, the Patient Advocate Nurse for Dr. Manders, about the increased pain/burning/pulling I am having in my entire left arm. She assured me that it's normal, especially with having a drain and she expects it to improve once the drain is out. I also asked her about the scans that I will have next Tuesday, the CT and nuclear bone scan. These will let us know if there are cancers in other areas, especially since I was at a locally advanced stage due to the cancer being in my lymph nodes following chemo. When I inquired why we wouldn't check for brain cancer (I have read that that could be a place of metastases), she said that it's usually not the first place metastasis would take place. If the other places where they are checking come back positive, then we would look further, but not until then. I swallowed a little hard when we were talking about just how many lymph nodes were positive (6 0f 10) and I prodded a little for a reaction by saying, I had A LOT of positive nodes, and she agreed! But she did not know the percentage of probability that it could be in other areas and referred me to Dr. Cody for that number.

In the meantime, I am doing my little achy stretches multiple times daily and now waiting for Tuesday for my next phase, more scans.

I had a lovely long breakfast with a friend today at one of my favorite local spots, Another Broken Egg Cafe. We took a chilly walk in our woods and I plan on spending the rest of my afternoon with Cedric, my personal Apple guru and will attempt to install an external hard drive and fix my iCloud issues.

I must say, that I'm looking very forward to tomorrow when our friends, the Sobbs, will come over for our annual Christmas dinner and hopefully campfire where John and their daughter, Evi, will read the Christmas story from the Bible while we sip hot cocoa and watch the flames from the campfire lick at the cold air around us! Last year, we had a full moon and it was breath taking. Hopefully, it will be just as magical.



No comments: