Blog Archive

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Day December 15, 2016 Test Results Are In

Since Tuesday, I have awaited the phone call from Dr. Manders' office giving me the report from my CT and nuclear bone scans. In fact, when I drove home from Cincinnati after the tests that day, the roads up near me were getting packed with freshly fallen snow and I decided to take a walk in our woods. It was truly healing and magical. There were at least 5 inches of powder on the ground and each leaf, stick, and rock was holding a little mound of snow, even the rocks in our creek, making it look like a Christmas card. I walked through the woods singing, Lord I Need You with my arms stretched wide and tears fell down my cheek as I worshiped my sweet Jesus. I made the first footprint to track across the bridge, through the creek, and over the hill to the campfire area. I sat and looked up at the sky and the tree branches were like God's arms holding and hugging me. I admit I had a good cry. Some tears were from the fear of the unknown, some from relief of having the tests done, and some from my deep dependence on God through all this. What a gift to have our Wonderly Woods as my respite, my heaven on earth.




 I needed to be alone with God in our woods.

Then Wednesday was bitter sweet. We had some new friends over for dinner, a young couple from a new church in Cincinnati who recently moved here and are  settling in. The Kirklands were a delight and we thoroughly loved their company. Then before I went to bed, I received a text from my sweet new friend, Karen, who is going through all this breast cancer with me. She did not get the pathology report she hoped for and needs more surgery and testing done. Please pray for Karen's healing and our trust in God through it all. We both see that our friendship is a gift from God.


Thankfully, today she and I spent the entire day together. We made waffles, did our post surgery stretches and exercises together, and were just with each other. It's nice when you don't have to explain what you're  going through because that person understands perfectly. I was there for her just as much as she was there for me because today I got my report and I did not want to be alone when that call came.


So the news is mostly awesome. The CT scan came back with nothing concerning. Praise  you, Lord!  The nuclear bone scan was almost clear but there was one abnormal area near my eye that showed a concern. The nurse told me not to worry about it and that the medical oncologist will review it on Monday and go over it. As much as I am choosing not to be too concerned, I will feel better after the doctor tells me it's not concern. I was told that he may order another MRI or CT of that area to rule out anything.  Even my sister, Karen, who works in oncology said that she is not concerned about it and said I should not worry.

So for now, I am thankful. I am choosing not to worry, and I am looking forward to Monday and hearing what Dr. Cody has to say. As my motto remains to be...I choose joy.



No comments: