Blog Archive

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Day December 17, 2016 Gifts Galore!!! And Santa At Bill's Donuts!

Yesterday was filled with miracles and gifts from God! He blesses me every day, but I don't always see it. Yesterday was very special and I saw it in a way that I want to share.

To start, I woke up and looked in the mirror. I HAD BEDHEAD! Now in my past, I would have thought nothing of it. But after being bald since July 4, 2016, which is exactly 165 days, my hairstyle has not been anything to brag about. First, my hair is growing in mostly gray, very thin, and somewhat patchy. Not highly attractive. Actually, I sported bald better than fuzz. But it has to grow in sometime. So for the past 2 months, I have not shaved my head at all and it's been growing in slowly. But when I woke up and looked in the mirror my hair was 'messy' and I needed to wet it down to look 'good' (everything is truly relative). I was thrilled to have enough hair to say I had bedhead. My bald chemo friends and bald guy friends could probably appreciate this the most!


Then last night I had a complete and total surprise visit from some very special people. My former sister in law, Debbie Kindschuh, and her husband, Randy and a family friend, Jamie, rang my doorbell  and totally blessed me with the gift of time and love! I haven't seen them for many, many years. But some people, like Debbie, did not let my divorce to her brother stop her friendship and love for me! We had such a fun, sweet few hours together. We even ran into Santa coming out of Bill's Donut Shop!! They were visiting in Columbus, OH for a sporting event and Deb said she HAD to find a way to drive almost 2 hours to come see me! I am so blessed!


No comments: