Blog Archive

Saturday, April 23, 2022

A Beautiful Saturday

Saturday was a little more difficult for me physically. There has been a pressure and pain in my right rib cage around my right breast that hasn’t subsided like it had in the past. To take in a breath it feels like something is impeding that space within my rib cage and lung. And my breathing had lots more moments of duress. 

Other than that, my day was filled with so many blessings: the loving arms of my husband gently wrapped around me, praying over me, lovingly rubbing soothing gel on me and serving me tenderly. 

The doorbell rang and I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Scott and Lori.

Then my dear sister friend, Lynn, sent me the most beautiful audio message about how I’ve impacted her life which is truly nothing short of divine. It made me weep tears of gratitude that God showed me, again, how He has used me to make a difference for Him! 

The list of blessings goes on and on today: video calls with more friends and family, texts from old friends, plans for family and friends to come visit me, rejoicing with my sister about answered prayer, laughing with my daughter, a walk in the woods, sitting in the sunshine and lastly, worshiping with Deb and Trace as she graciously sang me a song that lifted me up 6 years ago at the first diagnosis and it did again tonight. 

So much joy while at the same time I’m reminded of the frailty of life. I’m so thankful I can praise my heavenly Father in the midst of this. 

My friend Katie sent me this song today saying she sang it over me. It touched me deeply on many levels. https://youtu.be/Viiw6tGimHo

So even now as I type this in my bed at 1 am I cry out to God with the pain increasing and at the same time worshipping a God who knows me, loves me and will never leave me. 

No comments: