Blog Archive

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Lots of Love

This day began with some great physical rib cage pain that was so intense throughout the night that I called the oncologist office for pain medication. But here’s the miracle, after I got up I actually didn’t need any muscle relaxer because God answered out prayers! 

The day was filled with joyful moments from scenery outside to friends and family visiting. I realize that so many beloved friends from my 55 year lifetime can be very emotional.  I know with my serious physical condition there’s the thought that people need to visit ’one last time’ and while it might be true, it doesn’t feel like that as we talk and laugh. I believe God is still healing me despite statistics. And I also acknowledge that I get winded just to walk up the stairs and know things aren’t right as I struggle to breathe normally after only slight exertion.

Tomorrow I’ll be asking some questions about the biopsy but for now it’s been a blessed day on many levels! Prayer warriors praying with me, singing over me, holding space for me, texting me, calling me and I’m thankful beyond measure.

I cried this morning at the beauty of the sound of this waterfall at Clifton Gorge with my husband. Oh how I love waterfalls! I long to hear hundreds more!


Dear friends, Mike and Andrea brought hours of love, laughter, some tears, daffodils, gifts and crème brûlée pie (she knows me well as I love dessert first however it’ll be shared for my visitors to enjoy as I’ve eliminated sugar, sodium, alcohol and processed foods from my diet but it was just lovely eating it vicariously through my friends!)
Deb and I got to sit together while our husbands Mountain bike these trails at John Bryan. We soaked in the sun. Normally I’d be the lead rider amongst John, Trace and me but not anymore. Not now anyway. I can’t wait for the miracle of breath and health when I can mountain bike again. 
Then to just be with this saint, Doni! To those who know her, there just isn’t an explanation of what a precious woman this is. She has a servants heart that I want to emulate. 
 
My prayer requests today are for the Rx drug, Ibrance to be readily approved on Monday and affordable so it can be shipped immediately without delay, and that my body will utilize these drugs to help me breathe very quickly.

Praising Jesus in this for all the opportunity to share His goodness, forgiveness, mercy and love. There is no other name by which I’m saved! I’m so so blessed!

No comments: