Blog Archive

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Every Day There Are Miracles

I’m going to be raw and real in sharing that last night I struggled. I was sad. I cried. I told God that I really didn’t want this journey. It just doesn’t feel like it’s real until I take a deep breath or the pain in my ribs feels like a knife. I had a couple coughing fits that sent me to my knees & grasping my chest to hold my ribs from the force of coughing. I woke up in the middle of the night violently coughing again then again this morning. Then I remembered how thankful I am to have Jesus. How do people go through dark and hard times without knowing Jesus? Brooklyn read me a psalm then we went to the sweetest little coffee shop called Bell Tower again where I soaked in the sunshine and drank tea which I consider a huge win!


Today is my last day to enjoy time with Brooklyn here in Memphis since she leaves early in the morning. I’ve said John couldn’t have handled it all this past week if I wasn’t here with him and I couldn’t have handled it if Brooklyn wasn’t here with me. The gift of her flying here, leaving her family and tending to me so lovingly was yet another miracle to thank God for. 
I’m thankful I can make my diet a priority and feed it organically right now. It took some coaching, but Brooklyn cheered me on as I chugged down a rather gritty beet juice again today. 
However the HIGHLIGHT of my day so far was this gift. 

We had a 70 degree day and Brooklyn found a park she wanted to show me. We noticed a paved trail through the woods as we pulled in and I happened to have 2 Mountain bikes in the back of our van for my hubby and a friend to ride in Bentonville starting tomorrow. I felt inspired and said, "Want to do something crazy?! Come on!! Let's do it!”  So we took the bikes and rode an easy trail & it made me cry with joy to know I could be on a mountain bike again. It was literally all slightly downhill and paved so I didn't have to exert a lot of energy so I didn't get winded!! Miracle upon miracles !! 

I’ll leave you all with this song. Million Little Miracles

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love you and the amazing disciple you are for Christ. You are an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

❤️

Rachel Hyde said...

This gives me great joy! and gratitude for sharing the spirit God’s blessed you with. And I join you in asking God to remove this burden so you can ride freely again 💕