Blog Archive

Friday, April 29, 2022

B Time

 It’s early Friday morning and I didn’t write in yesterday’s  blog so I’ll write a bit about my Thursday now. Physically it was uneventful. I have noticed some slight infrequent tingling in my skin under my right shoulder that feels like electric stimulation from a TENS unit so I contacted my oncologist to inform them and they said it wasn’t a side effect of the drugs I’m on so it wouldn’t indicate a reason to stop them but to keep them informed of any other changes. Other than that my right lung area was tender when breathing deeply and I felt like I needed to cough but because of the pain it causes, I tried not to. 

John, Brooklyn and I ran a few errands, including a Target run where I ran into my twin, Wonder Woman, but mostly Brooklyn and I laid low while John was attending his conference.


We wanted to sit by the pool but it was closed still so we came up to the hotel room and napped, talked to a few people, rubbed ASEA gel on me while praying healing over me, talked about life and really just relaxed all day. We did go to a BBQ place that Quita, the local Starbucks barista, recommended for us to have lunch while I drank my beet juice concoction.

I think John and Brooklyn are hoping to find the best BBQ here in Memphis so we will try again today. 


I did get to see a few of the folks from John’s SMA group that are very dear to me. I was deeply touched as Chaz, Robin and Earl each came up to me, hugged and held me, cried with me and were so compassionate. 

That was really it for the day. I’m thankful to have this precious time with one of my besties, Brooklyn and I’m so grateful she stopped her life to be here with me. 

I’ll share two beautiful spiritual moments that happened. One is this song that Brooklyn shared. Gratitude

The other is a prayer over me from a sister in Christ who will always hold a special place in my heart. Thank you Emily. 

“Good morning Tricia! Praying for you. I declare life to your lungs and for complete healing over your body in Jesus name! This has been in my spirit for you ❤️

Isaiah 53:5

“But He WAS wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we ARE healed.”

When I pray for you, I can’t help to notice how much it stands out the tense in which this verse is written. “And by His stripes we ARE healed.” 

I am reminded of when Jesus tells the invalid in John 5 to “Pick up your mat and walk!” Just as Abraham did not deny the facts that his body was “as good as dead”, yet he believed God would come through with His promises. 

I am standing in faith for your healing! My church has been praying for you as well. By His stripes you ARE healed

No comments: