Blog Archive

Monday, April 18, 2022

Today’s the Beginning of Doctors

Yesterday ended on a beautiful Easter note. So lovely having my mama here with us. She’s comforting, helpful, adventurous and willing to do just about anything! So we took her on her first canoe ride. We also hunted for morel mushrooms but only found this patch of wild daffodils. 


The diversion of activity is good for my soul until we have more answers.

I saw my oncologist, Dr Cody, this morning. Nothing was definitive other than he wants me to see a pulmonologist for my lungs. Still very unsure what’s causing shortness of breath and coughing. Says I definitely have plural effusion but that’s not necessarily why everything else in my lungs is showing other issues. He said he’d like to have a brachioscope done that goes into my lungs and looks at them from the inside. Since the diuretic has helped with my breathing, he ordered another rx for that since I ran out yesterday. He ordered an echocardiogram too.

As for the spots on my bones, he said the radiologist he works with isn’t even convinced that’s for sure cancer and since the spots are so small he didn’t want to biopsy them because the risk on my spine. He’s ordering a PET/CAT scan of my whole body but sadly it’s only allowed IF insurance covers it! He did say that while he’s not convinced it’s definitely cancer, he’ll go with what the ER doctors called it as metastatic breast cancer in submitting to the insurance because the chance of them covering it is better. So now I wait to hear back from them on all those things. I do have my echocardiogram scheduled for tomorrow morning and my PET/CT scheduled for Thursday if insurance approves it.

We made Easter as normal as possible with ham, green salad, hasselback potatoes and homemade cannolis. My son joined us and we all enjoyed our time. 



Then some new friends stopped by to deliver pounds of smoked meat so we don’t have to cook all week. We are beyond grateful. Thank you Prunty family. 

No comments: