Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Biopsy Day

Biopsy Day. Started very early to be at The Christ Hospital at 6 am. It went exceptionally well and I’m claiming another answer to specific prayer. As the nurse prepped me for the biopsy, she explained how I’d be twilight sedated so I could hear instruments and talking and feel pressure. Also I’d feel pain from the initial injection to numb me. I talked to Dr Paik, the radiologist doing the biopsy about my concern with needles and I’m not sure what he did or if my body just took to it well but I never felt a thing. Praise the Lord!! It’s midnight and I still feel nothing at the injection site!!!

Then to the pulmonologist and I was pretty out of it from the sedation still. I can say that I walked away from that appointment not feeling very hopeful. She showed me comparisons of my lungs from 2020 to this week.  Explained that of the medications don’t work they’ll have to drain my lungs palliatively over and over until they cannot. 

Other than that, I got to chat with my Aunt Ro on video for the first time since all this started. Tears and laughter seems to be a common theme. We both managed a smile for the camera though. 
Dear dear friends and former coworkers came for a lovely visit too. Love these ladies! Thank you for your time tonight Jess and Courtney. We worked together for 10 years and I’m thankful that our friendship goes far beyond work. 
Speaking of work family, my current peeps keep sending me thoughtful gifts including this tonight. My buddy Topher drew this caricature of John and me. We will cherish that forever!

 My sweet son and Sarah Marie came by to just be with me and they helped me tremendously by juicing for the next few days as we travel to Tennessee for John’s work conference. 

Then one of my dearest kindred spirit besties finally was able to come for a visit and she serves both John and me like Jesus. Words don’t come to me to express the profound love I have for this lady. 
Then to top it all off, John played his last Huff n Puff hockey game only to take a slap shot to the top of his big toe and he’s pretty sure it’s broken. We are quite the pair tonight. 

And we still hold space for joy that we were given today to live life to the fullest! 

No comments: