Blog Archive

Saturday, April 23, 2022

Counting My Blessings

Woke up and my friend Liz called and informed me that she will be calling every morning to read a Psalm to me and pray over me. 

My mountain biking friend and Shred Sister, Brenda, whom I’ve never personally met contacted me and shared her heart and concern for what I’m going through and asked if everyday she could contact me to look at all the things I’m grateful for and let me know that as a community of mountain biking ladies, they are there for me through this whole thing!

Went to my husband’s mens Bible study group and asked these dear brothers to pray for me and as we held hands in a circle I could sense God’s love flowing through us. 

Lots and lots of calls, texts and visits from those dear souls all day. Those whom I love deeply and we cried, prayed, and as with my sweet Michaelah, drank organic carrot juice and sat out in the sunshine together and we’re fully present living a precious moment in time together. 


The family of fox pups (7) came out from under our shed and provided the gift of seeing God’s creation in a unique and special way. We first noticed them a couple days after this all started last week and get to watch them frolicking and playing 2-3 times a day! What a treat!





My son knocked on my door and embraced me for the best mama hug and I got to bury my head on his chest and we weeped together. I got to explain everything going on, showed him the PET scan images especially of my lungs and he loving listened and took it all in with grace then informed me that no matter what happens to me, he will be ok and he knows I’m with him all the time and always will be. 
Then on to the medical portion of the day, I spoke to The James Cancer Center and reviewed my images. It’s here where I’ll get my second opinion after the biopsy is done. The biopsy got scheduled for this upcoming Tuesday through The Christ Hospital.

I was able to monitor my pulse/oxygen throughout the day and my resting pulse ran high 91-108 and my oxygen ran low 90-96. The rib pain was slightly present most of the day but at least my butt cheeks are somewhat less tender from the initial dose of medication, Faslodex. 

My day ended with receiving these stunning flowers! I think this must be the most beautiful flower ever! Thank you Liz!! 








No comments: