Blog Archive

Saturday, November 5, 2022

Infusion Day Plus

It’s been a couple days and I am just now, finally getting to my blog. Life has been relatively normal for me, so not much to report, in my opinion. Regardless, I’ll share about God’s goodness in my days for those faithful readers.

Before heading to Columbus, OH yesterday to the Stephanie Spielman Comprehensive Cancer Center, I went to see my hubby and company start loading the moving truck with the stair parts we will be taking out to Jackson, WY. I’m very excited to see the Tetons once again where it’s so easy to see God’s creative hand at work!

In the afternoon I had my infusion and I’m very glad to share that it was super uneventful! I walked in and the nurse accessed my port, drew blood from it and started my meds. I felt nothing before, during or after the whole ordeal! Nothing other than a tiny prick to get to my port and had a shot in my tummy fat of Xgeva for bone strengthening. It was also the first time I didn’t have to see the oncologist which made for a quick appointment! Physically, other than a need for Imodium once or twice this month from the medications and a little bit of muscle fatigue and neuropathy, I’m feeling amazing! I praise, You, God for that! 



I came home and had the energy and joy of hanging out with these beautiful children so their mom and dad could have a date! Shortly after getting home from having pizza for dinner I hit a fatigue wall and before I knew it they were babysitting me!! 



This morning I got to spend time with my dear friend, Andrea and we went to my bench and enjoyed a walk and visited. I’m so thankful for friends that stay in our lives through moves, divorces, cancer and distance! Andrea is one of those faithful friends! Today was a baking day for me starting with pumpkin caramel scones for Andrea!



I ended my day with LillyMae as she helped in getting Christmas gifts ready, cleaning and doing laundry, making 🍋 Lemon Chicken piccata and finishing my baking spree with these slightly amended chocolate chip cookies. I haven’t baked this much in a long time but John informed me that he had a hankering for them so I found a new recipe and they’re delicious! 


Tonight I started reading a new book that I received from my cousin, LuEllyn. It’s by Joni Eareckson Tada called Songs of Suffering. It’s a book of 25 hymns and a devotional that goes with each one. I don’t see myself as one who is suffering however I very much am appreciating reading and considering the lyrics to ponder the truths in them that will help me lift my head on those difficult days. And I found it very enlightening that the only place in the Bible where it refers to Jesus singing is the night he was betrayed just before his crucifying suffering. It’s no wonder the Gratitude song has been so profound in last several months for me! 




As this day closes, I think about the last several days and reflect on just how thankful I am for so many million little miracles all around me and that have been part of my week! It’s truly overwhelming! The best moment I think was sitting by the creek out in the woods and listening to LillyMae play Amazing Grace on her violin! It was a SWeet, sacred moment for anyone including the birds and squirrels around us!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

❤️❤️❤️ May Travel mercies give you a Safe & Beautiful travel. Enjoy the glorious Tetons!

Anonymous said...

I can’t believe how much you accomplished in that day, but it still included so many spiritual times. I know you continually walk in the Spirit! Sending a special prayer to the Lord for you today! Cousin Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Tricia, So happy to hear that you are feeling so much better! Safe travels to and from WY. Enjoy God's beautiful creation!! I mailed the baby gift for your new GrandBaby to you yesterday (Saturday). Have no idea how long it will take to get to your front door!! I am assuming you will have a friend or neighbor picking up your mail while you are "on the road again!" "He cares for You!" 1 Peter 5:7. Love & God Bless, Kathleen