Blog Archive

Saturday, November 26, 2022

Thanksgiving

The past few days have been more restful and less physically active for me... however, no less beautiful.
Thanksgiving Day was very different this year since I’m only with John in Wyoming, but I’m not with my children, parents, siblings or any other family members for the first time on Thanksgiving in many decades. It makes the holiday not really feel like a holiday. Since John and I go out to dinner every night at a local restaurant while here, it was kinda like just another night out except with more traditional Thanksgiving foods. 
We started our day with a really long drive up toward Yellowstone but the southern entrance is closed so we drove a highway that gave us another view of the Tetons. 
 
This is by what’s called The Oxbow. 

This is a pasture of horses with the backdrop of the Mountain range. The ranches out here are unbelievable. It’s funny because there are real cowboys out here who work hard and are dressed in typical cowboy attire that’s dusty and worn and then there are people out here who dress like cowboys but I’m sure have never worked a day in their lives but spend thousands on fancy cowboy attire! It’s a peculiar place out here where there’s so much wealth. 


This is my own contribution to the Tetons. In case my readers are unaware, Grand Tetons means large boobies!! 


This is Jenny Lake that’s partially frozen where time stood still for a while as I breathed in deeply the crisp air and thanked God for another day of life where I can experience His amazing creation!



John and I ended our evening at The Bistro restaurant. They provide paper table cloths covering the fancy cloth and a small basket of crayons. Notice the 3rd grade rendition of my artwork I drew. A colorful hand Turkey!


Then Black Friday came with much frost and frozen fog. I think this is one of my favorite things to see out here. There’s a special name for this kind of frozen crystal vapor. It’s called hoarfrost. 

These white dots in the photo are actually large Trumpeter Swans. They live close to where I’m staying and I love to drive to their partially frozen pond and listen to them honk. 

Ended last night at a Jackson Moose hockey game again. 

Physically I’m still feeling amazing! I thank God for this gift. There are a few minor physical things I’m aware of and dealing with, but aren’t we all?!
 

No comments: