Blog Archive

Friday, November 18, 2022

Wyoming Days



The past couple of days have been peaceful and routine. I start my day out by caretaking for a friend’s dog and going on a nice long walk with him, then coming back to her house and continuing to read from the gospel of John and a new book called Crafted Prayer, then spending time in quiet reverie with my God! Today I was bundled with every thing I had… It was a little chillier than other mornings, but I stayed toasty warm.

An excerpt from the book, Crafted Prayer…The joy of always getting your prayers answered… By Graham Cook 

“Enter God‘s Presence with thanksgiving and ask Him what it is He wants to do and what His plan is. God wants us to know His plan, so spend time in worship and ask Him to show His way and teach His path to you. A crafted prayer of supplication by Graham Cooke is this: 

“Father, I praise you for this situation. I know you have a plan and a purpose for me. I give you thanks that You are with me and that You are for me. I ask You to show me Your ways, teach me Your paths, show me Your will, oh Lord, that I may become conformed to the image of Jesus in this situation. Show me Your will that I may confidently and joyfully cooperate with you.”

I love learning about different ways God’s people pray! This book has been refreshing and enlightening. 

After my sacred time in the mornings I head into town and walk around the overpriced, high-quality shops that sprinkle every corner of Jackson Hole Square! My favorite little artisan café, Persephone café, is where I typically land for a warm cup of chai or cappuccino and perhaps get a little lunch! I read another chapter in Brother Lawrence’s book while people watching and thoroughly loving their yummy food!

Yesterday after indulging in this high sticker salad, I decided not to walk in the mountains by myself even if I have a can of bear spray, but rather, walk on a lovely path in town that follows Flat Creek. For some reason, the blue Spruce seemed especially blue to me on this walk and I thought it was really beautiful so I am sharing. I think this might be one of my favorite hues of blue!




In fact, as I continued walking it along the path, I realized I was not far from where we are staying, so I just continued walking for a total of an hour and a half until I got to the cabin. From there the boys and I went out to dinner and called it a day! 

This morning, I was in awe of the salmon sunrise beauty hitting the Grand Teton mountains in front of me. My heart naturally praises God the second I see its majesty. Words and pictures truly cannot describe what I am seeing.


Also today I’m keenly aware of a friend who is burying her husband who bravely fought a battle with cancer for many years. There’s a temptation to have survivor’s guilt when I am battling a cancer diagnosis too and yet I feel so miraculously well, but I won’t allow anyone to steal the gift from God that I’m to embrace, that of feeling well regardless of my diagnosis or future physical condition. So for that I thank my Creator for breath in my lungs and the ability to hike, bike, walk and talk. And at the same time I hold space of grieving for my friend’s sadness as she says good bye for now to her dearest best friend and husband. 

No comments: