Blog Archive

Saturday, November 19, 2022

Margaret, Moose and Many Blessings

The freezing cold thermometer said -9 when I woke up, but it felt like -19 with the wind chill!! Thankfully it warmed up to about 20 yesterday. This morning was no better… -8° when I woke up! However, the sheer breathless beauty of this place makes up for all of its coldness.

After caring for my friend’s dog and reading my books, I headed to Persephone CafĂ© again yesterday and I’m headed there again today to meet up one last time with Margaret. I did a bit of window shopping and found a nice Christmas gift for a very special lady. This person has allowed her husband to come hundreds of miles away from their home and family to be with John and me while he skillfully helps John install a beautiful staircase and yet another Jackson hole mansion! My friend Margaret met us at the local hockey rink for the first Jackson Moose game of the season last night too!

This is literally the view I have from the cabin we are staying in for three weeks! The Teton mountains are something to behold!

I discovered this fun little haunt in downtown Jackson. Spirits and Spice is a store that you can get free samples of vinegar, olive oil, and many adult beverages! Margaret is trying a specialty drink imported from France called absinthe! I must say this was a super fun little place to go and taste test some of the craziest flavored liquors and alcohols. 

A typical view at Persephone with frothy chai, my book and a great place to people watch.

The Jackson Moose opening game of the season 2022!

This might be the closest I ever get to hugging a moose!

You never know what you’re going to see in Jackson! This is a stuffed moose… A real one… And thankfully he let me give him a little smooch!

Like I said… You never know what you’re going to see in Jackson! This vivacious young man had a very spirited look about him so I had to go introduce myself and get his photo with me. Yes that is a flower tattoo on his knee that he’s so joyfully displayed! I know he must have quite a story, and perhaps I will get to hear it someday, but for now… Suffice it to say I just got my picture with him! Next time, David…next time!

When I woke up this morning, I will share that I was talking to the Lord and profusely thanking God for allowing me to experience life to the fullest and at the same time, acknowledge that I do not take it for granted. He has graciously answered my prayer to allow me to live until my granddaughter was born, and coming up on 12-12-22, I will celebrate 10 years of marriage with the love of my life! I pray I have many more grandchildren and anniversaries to celebrate. I thank God for each day I am allowed to, not only be here, but to feel well doing it! This was my honeymoon 10 years ago!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing and a living blessings to so many. Thank you for unconditionally sharing Such Wonderful insights.