Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Happy Tuesday and the End of an Era

I started my day with a wonderful closure to the book, By This Name by John Cross. What a SWeet blessing to reread such an incredible staple in my Christian faith! 

Went for another hike this morning with LillyMae at Caesars Creek where it was stunningly beautiful. We are conditioning for a winter camping and hiking trip in January in Wisconsin.  I must admit, LillyMae and I had quite the humorous hike today as we were going up a steeper climb and I started singing burn baby burn… Disco Inferno. She had no idea what I was talking about so I had to play this 1976 classical song for her!!  It turned into a lesson on disco music including Soul Train and John Travolta! 13 year olds think disco is a very odd way of dancing and thought it was silly and ridiculous but we did get a lot of good gut laughs out of it!


Then this afternoon, we took Zoey to out voting location before we had our final Special Olympics game for this year! Our end-of-the-year party was a very special one as the entire group wished us well knowing that next spring when it starts back up again, we will be on the road living life in the WonderVan!






What a special treat to spend our Tuesdays with these beautiful human beings for the last 10 years for me and 12-13+ for John! We will certainly miss being a part of this weekly activity.

As for how I am feeling today, I feel strong and only have mild tenderness in my right rib cage that I only noticed when I press on my ribs. Other than that I’m so thankful to be feeling as great as I do! This upcoming Friday, I will go back up to Columbus for another infusion. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As strange as this seems, reading about your final Special Olympics game really got my heart. Because of my brother, the special olympics will always hold a dead spot in my heart. Loving those who take their time to give this special joy always gets my ❤️ . Remember the girls helping with gymnastics special olympics? Your New spring will bring you such joy & beauty💛💛💛

Zoey said...

Yeah!! Love that good old 70s music! Don't rescue me, my soul's on fire!!! LOL!!