Blog Archive

Monday, October 31, 2022

New Friend Gifts


Here is a sneak peek into the past couple days.

 

When you meet new friends and they share from the wealth of their garden!!! Jodie gave and gave me veggies all summer. Today was the last batch of Swiss chard!! How do I say thank you for your generosity?! ❤️



Then I had a most amazing visit from my new friend, Brenda, who is the mountain biking coach from Wisconsin (9.5 hours away) that visited me back in August. She graced me with a magical Shred sister time of sweet fellowship for only a few hours before heading back home. We enjoyed a slice of my homemade carrot cake and a sip of limoncello (which is only my second sip of alcohol since April!) And we know how to make the most out of a 10 hour visit that started at midnight!! Stay up talking wee into the early morning hours!

Here we are making plans for our next visit together in January 2023 with a winter camping trip with LillyMae joining us!!


My famous carrot cake and the sweet little zinnia from my garden! A special welcome cake for my new friend. 


Now we must practice carrying our full back packs while hiking in preparation for our upcoming January winter camp trip! So we hit the trails for a 3 mile hike. And she got to see my bench in the Pines of Patricia Allyn Park.


LillyMae is also a tree hugger!


It’s official, she has outgrown me! My absolutely  favorite 13 year old is a true lady and gem of a human. 

I’m feeling great these days! Praising God and taking nothing for granted!

No comments: