Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

COVID

After reading my last post when I stated that my legs were fatigued as John and I rode our bikes through the trails, I now know why…it was the beginning of COVID. Later that night I had a scratchy throat, too. Nobody in Colorado that I had just been with had COVID, but I wanted to check and make sure that I didn’t have it myself. I did take a test Sunday evening and it was negative so I was relieved! 

Then I woke up Monday morning as if a freight train had collided with my body. Mostly my symptoms were massive head congestion, bodyaches and weakness, and a sore throat. It felt like your typical nasty head cold!

However, I remember my oncologist informing me how dangerous it could be for me to come in contact with COVID-19 because of the health of my lungs. Therefore, I placed a call to her in order to let her know what was going on. She did ask me to take a second test along with a strep test and flu test. Because I was supposed to have an infusion this coming up Friday, they want to make sure I am physically strong enough to receive the drugs. And there it was plain as day… Two purple stripes on two tests indicating that I was positive for COVID-19! (I took a second one just to confirm considering not even 24 hours earlier it was negative!)



I have been locked up in my bedroom for a full 24 hours which feels like three days at this point! Fortunately I nap often, and I have started and finished binge watching Empress on Netflix! I am thankful that this morning when I woke up, my sore throat was gone and the achiness in my legs was also gone. Mostly it’s just head congestion I’m dealing with! Thankfully it doesn’t feel like it’s gone to my lungs… Nor will it! I am also very grateful that when I do sneeze, I don’t drop to my knees from rib pain! Back in April, that was a different scenario.

As for now, I am continuing to do my book study with a dear friend through video chatting, sipping lemon ginger honey tea, and drinking carrot lemon juice. If anyone has suggestions on audiobooks or movies that are worthwhile, please don’t hesitate to send me a private note!

Being confined to one’s bedroom makes for a rather uneventful blog so these next day’s may be sparse.


No comments: