Blog Archive

Friday, October 14, 2022

Normal Days Are Such Blessed Days

Being with Brooklyn and her family in Colorado and simply doing life is such a wonderful way to spend my days this week. 

I had a super SWeet time early this morning reading and re-learning from one of my absolute favorite books on Christianity, By This Name, while sipping tea from Brooklyn’s.  

And also got to spend time in God’s word reading in Romans. Since my body clock is in EST and I’m in Colorado, I’m waking up at 4:30 a.m. and have a couple hours to spend in prayer and reading from Sarah Young’s devotional, Jesus Calling.  

Brooklyn and I went to the grocery store after dropping off the kids at school so I could get ingredients for some juicing. I made this today and it was yummy! 


Later after everyone woke up and kids were off to school morning she and I walked around a beautiful lake by their house that looks onto these majestic mountains. The leaves were changed, the water was a beautiful greenish blue, the sun was warm on my face, & the clouds were uniquely shaped! I find myself noticing and appreciating the simple or even mundane things to be wonderful and more beautiful!

The lake we walked around. 

This afternoon we picked up kids from school, I was part of her everyday mom taxi life and we did a little shopping where I bought myself a cute pair of dangly earrings. This evening I got to just enjoy sitting on the sidelines watching her 6 year old son play flag football! Ahhhh…my life is so sweet!


Daniel is going elk hunting for the weekend so we are all excited to see if he comes home with a bunch of meat to fill their freezer!

After I had a big salad for dinner, Brooklyn and I read and discussed chapter two in the book of James. It’s a powerful book.  

In addition to all that, I’m very thankful I’m not dealing with all those chemo/steroid physical symptoms anymore. Literally I haven’t noticed anything different since Tuesday when I got an infusion. I’m feeling just normal, which is such a gift! No mental buzzing. No lack of sleep. No metallic change in taste, no skin breakouts. So this regimen is something I can mentally accept considering it will be every 3 weeks for the rest of my life. If it helps keep me alive, I consider it a blessing! Of course I’ll have more CT/MRI scans every 3-4 months to see how things are improving, but I’m hopeful that I will continue to be that miracle healing we all are praying for!

Now my eyes are weighty and my legs are twitching because I need sleep. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My joy today… is reading the joy & peace you have w/ your dear friends in CO. Continued joy, peace and love be with you..FP

Anonymous said...

My joy in the next month…is walking in the woods with you my dearest FP!