Blog Archive

Saturday, October 8, 2022

It’s Jordan’s Day

What beauty there is this time of year as the maple leaves are beginning to pop with vibrant color! Fall makes my heart happy! Though the cool air makes my bald head too cold!! I’m either going to be wearing my wig or a hat when it it 50 degrees or cooler until my hair grows back in. 

I actually stopped shaving my head a couple weeks ago so my head is really feeling fuzzy. It’s not regrowth of the hair that fell out, rather these are the stronger more sparse hairs that didn’t ever fall out that I just shaved every day. So it will look VERY thin once  this grows back in if and until my hair begins to regrow. 

Friday began with a visit from one of my dear friends, Courtney, who I used to work with in the dental field. She got to enjoy one of my coffee creations, this time it was what we dubbed a Barcelona coffee. Many, many years ago when I was in Barcelona, Spain I had this and always thought it was the only way I would ever drink coffee since I’m not a coffee drinker. It’s 1/4 espresso, 1/4 sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 steamed frothed milk! Deliciousness! I’m so thankful for friends!




Then John and I went to a wedding that really was special to me. Many years ago I met a beautiful young lady who was just finishing home school high school and we connected. We would get together for mugs of hot chocolate and talk about faith and life. Then she went off to college in Florida where we continued our friendship with care packages and she’d write beautifully written letters and more hot chocolate dates on her holiday and summer breaks. When she graduated, she was doing some tutoring but wanted a job so I invited her to work with me as my Hygiene assistant. For the past few years we have worked together and during that time we’d discuss her dream about being married to a godly man and having a family someday. Sadly for her that man just wasn’t showing up! So I strongly encouraged her to get on Christian Mingle and be very specific with her requests and wants in a potential match! She was!! And like me, God provided the perfect man for her! And yesterday I got to witness her lock lips with this handsome, godly Marine! Dreams really do come true Mrs. O! Great job stepping, no…leaping out of your comfort zone! Many glorious, blessed years I pray over you two!


Well, it’s 7 am here in Ohio on Saturday morning and I’m having a cup of tea and about to start reading my book and spending time in God’s Word. I love these quiet mornings and I love my SWeet time of pondering all my Heavenly Father is doing in my life. 

PS A note to my blog readers…many of you leave me such kind messages but they come across as anonymous so unless you specifically states who you are, most of the time I have no idea. Please feel free to indicate who you are so I know and can thank God for you!!

No comments: