Blog Archive

Thursday, October 13, 2022

My Jesus Day per Norah

Colorado is breath-takingly beautiful! 

Started my day at a favorite spot called Moxie’s! 


Today Brooklyn and I headed up to a mountain town called Estes Park and just window shopped in every store from souvenir shops to taffy pulling shops. I had my first Chile Relleños and some fresh guacamole! Tasty Mexican food!

 

The drive back took us through a mountainous valley that followed a crystal clear river! I’m reminded of God’s power and magnitude and that He who made the mountains and rivers can do anything. The Aspen trees were in full glory as well! There’s something magnetic about the vibrant yellows with a blue sky wrapped around it and the sound of ripples of a mountain stream singing His praises!





Therefore, I found comfort in knowing He is sovereign and as also His creation, He can and has healed me. Whether my body experiences physical healing or not really doesn’t matter. The only that matters to me is the knowledge that I’m His and He can have His way with my life as it serves Him. I won’t profess to know His eternal plan but I trust that He does. This whole thing really puts submit, trust and faith to the test for me. When one is faced with a terminal diagnosis, this becomes the lesson. And honestly I can’t imagine entering into this arena without the hope I have in Christ carrying me to and through this. 

Today I also received upsetting news that one of my dearest college friends who had been diagnosed with cancer a while ago was terminally re-diagnosed again today. She will have yet another round of chemo. As much as I hate cancer, I have been known to also say that I’m thankful for it too. Only because of the gift of seeing God draw me closer to Him and see my faith persevere and grow. He uses us wherever we are and I am grateful He chooses to use me to interact with others. 

For instance, my bald head has given me the opportunity to help the kiddos not be freaked out bring around a bald lady. Check out these cutie patooties trying on my wig! 


NorahBean with wig!

ChiMan the rock star!

No comments: