Blog Archive

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Follow-up Scans

Lots of appointments today starting early. I had to be up in Columbus by 7:45 am. These are my first follow up scans since April 2022 when the metastatic stage 4 breast cancer was re-diagnosed. This will inform the doctor just how much has changed with the treatments they’ve given.

Started out with an initial consultation with a pelvic floor physical therapist to discuss a problem that started because of a combination of menopause and having chemotherapy. Hopefully her diagnosis and treatment will be helpful. Then off to another facility for the MRI of my liver and pelvis followed by a CT scan of my abdomen.



Then back on the road to a third OSU The James facility. This time for an echocardiogram and ultrasound of my heart. This was to check my heart for damage that may have been caused by chemo. Actually this was the most uncomfortable of all 3 scans due to the tech having to navigate around my rib cage with that ultrasound wand and pushing on my ribs to find the areas she needed to scan. 


Six hours later and I was done! Thankfully I had a dear friend who was available to meet up and we got to catch up and visit for a couple hours. Lora has a heart of gold. She’s one of my prayer warriors and I’m so thankful for her. I love how God puts people in our lives that are divinely placed there for a reason. She’s one of those!


On my drive home I witnessed an absolutely beautiful sunset and it made my think that no matter what happens and no matter what those tests reveal, I have my Creator who loves me and reminds me that regardless of the results…I’ll be ok. He’s got this! I can trust His plan and find true peace in that. 



Now I wait until Tuesday when I find out the results. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ As you await the test results. You are loved so very much here on earth… God loves you more the person who loves you most here. Know that your Prayer Warriors are storming the heavens on your behalf. ❤️ FP

Anonymous said...

Tric you cease to amaze me and encourage us all…
I love you an He does got this. (I know that’s poor grammar…)

Anonymous said...

You are the strongest woman I know. Your faith is a blessing to all that you know and meet along your journey.

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in prayers everyday.

Anonymous said...

I didn’t know you very long but I am so sorry you are going through this. My heart is breaking for you and your family. God Bless you Tricia

Anonymous said...

Praying for favorable results and for God’s handiwork that has taken place in your body to be revealed! He is still in the miracle working businessπŸ™ŒπŸ». Love you sweet friend ❤️

Anonymous said...

Hugs and prayers!! Love mom!!

Patti Dematteis said...

I'm so sorry my work schedule kept me too late to meet up! Next time! You are on the top if my prayer list and Tuesday we will get good news on all counts!πŸ™πŸ₯°