Blog Archive

Saturday, October 29, 2022

Productive Saturday in the Kitchen and Yard

Officially I’m free to leave the confines of my bedroom today. I’m thankful my sinuses are clearing and I have great energy!  But since my throat is slightly scratchy, I’m still keeping my distance from people a couple more days.

I spent a couple hours of my morning continuing to read the book, By This Name, by John Cross. It’s such an incredible overview of the Bible and knits the entire message of God’s love letter to His us in a beautiful story so it all makes sense. In fact, the book can be downloaded for free here. It would be my heart’s desire if everyone took a few hours out of their lives to read this and have a better understanding of what the Bible actually says and how much God loves us!

Then this morning I made lemon poppy seed scones which we thought were delicious. I then spent the next several hours cooking to prepare meals for the week.

This afternoon I winterized my yard for 4 hours! Cut down the last zinnia (and was able to get a sweet little bouquet out of the last little ones), blew all the leaves and mowed one last time this year…actually, it just might be the last time I ever mow in my life! We plan on selling the house this Spring and moving into our WonderVan when it’s ready!! It’s happening!!

Hello you adorable last little zinnia! Thank you, Lord, for this gift!

BEFORE
AFTER


Four hours later and dusk was upon us, but wow!! am I satisfied!! Welcome rain and snow cuz I’m ready for you now!

However, bending to pick up leaves, pulling all the hostas and zinnia, holding and blowing with the leaf blower for over an hour, and mowing just about out my back in spasms so this night deserved a Jacuzzi bath with Epsom salts!! I will admit that although it was physically challenging to do all that, I really appreciate being physically able to do it. I don’t take any of it for granted! 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing T, you rock& so happy it was a beautiful day. Night night, love you 😘