Blog Archive

Sunday, October 2, 2022

Just A Wonderful Regular Day


A slow Sunday…truly a day of rest! 

John and his buddy, Trace, headed to Columbus, OH to mountain bike at Alum Creek. This gave me most of the day to lay low and rest. After saying goodbye to our weekend guests, Mr. & Mrs. Yeager…

I had the joy of sitting on my sofa, drinking several glasses of mint cucumber water and starting to read a book by John Cross called By This Name.


It’s truly the best book I’ve read on understanding the basic tenets of the Christian faith. It’s sister book, Stranger On The Road To Emmaus, is one I’ve read many times and have found it to be a fundamental book I personally believe everyone should read at least once. In fact, it is  downloadable for free on this website!! This link might even open it right I up!

After that I watched a movie that is now one of my new favorites called, Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont!! A touching, heart-warming, tear jerker story of human love at its best!

After that, all I really did was mow grass and hang out with friends for a bit. We did find a couple puffball mushrooms in our woods but they were too old to eat!

No comments: