Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Oh! God, I Can’t Thank You Enough!

If you read yesterday‘s post, you will see that I had a really heavy heart.  I was uncertain about what the doctor would say today regarding my MRI and CT scan tests that were done last week. Because I was able to read the reports online and they had a lot of medical terminology and information that I didn’t understand AND because much of it sounded pretty scary, I had a day of dealing with anxiety. 

However, I am here to report that my amazing oncologist, Dr Preeti Sudheendra, is one of the most compassionate and reassuring medical doctors I’ve ever worked with! She reviewed with me every single question I had…which were many…with the patience of Job. She started out by saying that she was actually very pleased with the test results and would not change one thing in my treatment plan! This doesn’t mean there aren’t issues going on physically, but my physical condition has either significantly improved in certain areas, or is unchanged. So she listened to my lungs and I went to get my infusion.

My lungs do show scarring from what they experienced this past spring and there still are some areas of concern where certain areas of my lungs have collapsed, but she said not to worry unless things symptomatically get worse. She showed me images of my lungs from May 2022 compared to today and there was significant improvement. I also have multiple fractures in my ribs and lesions in my sternum, vertebrae and sacrum but I feel no pain and the treatment I’m getting is what she wants to keep me on with the exception that she wants me to see the radiation therapist again for palliative radiation in my rib area that’s beginning to be tender.  On the very positive side, there are no more lymph nodes showing up on the CT where there were some back in May! And my liver has spots that she’s not even convinced they’re cancer and they’re smaller in size anyway! So all in all she was very pleased with the report!

When she answered all our questions and did my exam, she walked out and I cried from relief! I could see and hear it in John’s voice too! I don’t know how to thank everyone for their prayers other than to just say a heart felt thank you! Whether I got a good report it not, I say thank you! 

Then I had my first infusion WITHOUT the chemo drug, Taxotere! No steroids, no Neulasta, no Pepsid!! Just Herceptin and Perjeta! No side effects to deal with other than maybe diarrhea. So in the next month I should notice improvement in hair growth & skin issues.


This afternoon I went to my bench with one of my besties, Liz, and afterward we ran into my Angel Carl who built the bench for me. His hair was dyed hot pink in honor of his sister who died from breast cancer since it’s October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Here we are together. I also got to meet up with him and friend, Jodie, who let me throw a few discs! 



Finally, I came home, baked a loaf of sourdough bread, ate dinner and sat out on my deck looking up at a glorious maple glowing tree while worshiping to Gratitude. If you haven’t listened to this song yet, today’s the day! I couldn’t tell you just how grateful I am!!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Trish, I’m so happy for you. I thought about you all day today after reading yesterdays post. Thank you for updating us!

Anonymous said...

Randy had a Pink Out volleyball game and he came home with a strip of bright pink woven into his hair. It’s there in honor of you Tricia. I’m so so so very happy for your report. I’ve been praying nonstop. Good answers prayers in his own way but he also helps us receive his peace. I do see a little bit of your hair growing back.

Anonymous said...

God is good all the time! All the time, God is Good!! FP