Blog Archive

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Friends and Food

I’ll keep it short and sweet as it’s midnight and I’m just going to bed. My day started early making a loaf of sourdough bread and I definitely started it at the wrong time because the timing of the first steps happened to be in the middle of the night, like 3 am. But I’m happy to say that by the end of the night I had a fresh loaf of bread for dinner! Taste was great and it rose this time! 




I had an especially wonderful day as I got to talk to a dear friend and catch up and share vulnerably about our walk with God and our struggles in life and gratitude for God’s goodness and His amazing love for us. I love it when conversations are so meaningful that we could literally sense God’s presence with us. We laughed and we cried and I’m truly blessed to have such beautiful friends in my life! 

I also picked out fabric for the bench seats in our van. 

The rest of the afternoon was spent cooking and cleaning up after myself for the dinner we had with the beautiful young couple who got married last weekend. Spaghetti and meatballs followed by Apple strudel.  They stopped in Ohio for the weekend after their honeymoon and we were the very lucky friends that they chose to stay with. Great night of conversation, food and Wizard card playing! 

I’ve felt well today, thank God. 

Here is a verse I read today that I loved plus the photo here is at my special bench. 



No comments: