Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Happy Tuesday

After blogging last night, I received a call from my dearest college friend, Shelley. Please pray for her. She didn’t get a favorable report from her oncologist and could use prayer. She’s such a beautiful light in this world and she’s so faithful so she’ll be fine but news like that is hard to digest. Shell, I pray you’ll find gratitude, peace, comfort and hope today and every day and that fear of the future will flee from your mind.

Thanks to my friend, Wendy, I made yet another loaf of sourdough bread! This time rye…and it turned out wonderful! I was able to enjoy it with my son for lunch today…the whole loaf along with a few yummy salads! 



Today I also was glad to say I did the things I want to do every day to start my day feeling empowered as I did what’s important to me: pray, read scripture, Tricia yoga-chi (it’s my made up version of yoga and tai chi) on my new birthday yoga mat from Liz, continued with my book study, ate a healthy breakfast, baked bread, and made sure I drank plenty of water. 

I must say that the book study has been one of the best parts of my day. I see how God is touching my life on an even deeper level and showing me more of His purpose and plan for my life. It makes me so grateful to be alive!

Then I thoroughly enjoyed lunch with my son and a long 2 hour hike at Cincinnati Nature Center. The leaves on the maples were really showing off! And this beautiful bench reminded me of my friend, Lynn, who somehow connects me to butterflies.





This evening I got to attend Special Olympics Floor hockey at the Lebanon YMCA and see all my favorite athletes. And then to put an extra big smile on my face, when I came home I received not only a birthday card but the first Christmas card of the year from my mountain biking coach & friend, and my beloved Shred sister, Brenda! 

Thursday is coming soon when I have my scans. I’m thankful to every person who prays for me. It’s obviously my prayer they see huge improvements in every area and even say they don’t see any cancer spots anymore!! Regardless, I trust God in all this and I’m thankful for every day I have. I’m really feeling connected to the familiar Bible verse:


I want to thank everyone again for all your love and prayers! I am so humbled by all those I hear about that pray for my healing. I’m also blessed when I hear that people want to read my blog. I hope that my sharing continues to be a blessing to everyone. Shout out to my faithful blog readers like my mama, hubby, Connor, Lynn, Aunt Ro, Carol (in Rockford), and so many more. May you know you’re loved! 

No comments: