Blog Archive

Friday, October 21, 2022

WonderBinder Begins


I didn’t blog yesterday and will make today’s brief too. Plus I’m camping for the weekend in an area with limited cell service so the sooner I hit ‘send’, the better.

The highlight of my day yesterday was lunch with a very special friend, Karen. She and I walked through our breast cancer journey together in 2016-2017 and share a very special bond. 

Then today I drive up to Columbus to meet with my radiation oncologist to discuss the recent tenderness in my ribs. She didn’t think the ribs warranted treatment at this point and she encouraged me to continue with my active lifestyle of mountain biking and hiking! She did show me the images comparing the CT scans from May to October and there aren’t big changes but still multiple fractures and cancerous lesions.

 

I’m still struggling emotionally with some of that grieving process I shared about a couple days ago and today I actually feel a little depressed! So what does one do when living in Ohio, you head to Graeter’s Ice Cream and get a black raspberry chip sundae!! Don’t judge me! 

Tonight starts our annual WonderBinder camping weekend and we are at John Bryan State Park where the maples are barely holding on to their beautiful color, the campfires are glowing and the night sky is full of stars! Thankful my favorite trails are a 2 minute ride from our camp site. Tomorrow the Binder families will arrive but for tonight John and I have a quiet little fire going!


Fall colors for one more weekend!!


Thankful to be able to ride at sunset!


Relaxing and start gazing begins!





No comments: