Blog Archive

Monday, November 7, 2022

Traveling to WY With John & ‘Ted’

Thankful that I’m continuing to physically feel just fine minus a few minor issues like my skin is beginning to crack again. That’s rather disappointing since I thought that was only from the chemo meds. I was expecting my skin issues to be resolving by now but maybe they’re not exactly. Also, this morning the fatigue and tightness in my legs and arms was really noticeable. Again, not sure if it’s from walking/hiking every day this week or if my body is feeling this fatigued from the Perjeta or Herceptin?

Last night John and I met with the new leaders of John’s Wonder League ice hockey as they all take over running the great group of hockey addicts that play weekly hockey together.  It’s bittersweet to see John come to the end of running a league he started over 10 years ago. Yet such a blessing to see how it’s morphed into a really fun group of people that love playing hockey together and have been very supportive of me through this whole ordeal too.


  Yesterday I got to get a little more adventurous with my buddy, Ever! We went to the same spot I’d been going to all week with his sister, LillyMae, but it was warmer so we got in the creek!!


Then John and I spent the rest of the day buttoning up the house and packing to be in Jackson, WY for the next few weeks while he and Matt install a stair case in a new castle some very generous man is building for his family’s legacy! 

Was up early today and we all were on the road by 10:30 am. The great news is that John and I were sent off with sweet notes and hugs by these beautiful kids! We feel so loved by them. It’s awesome how God provides pseudo grand children for us to love on and spend lots of time with when we don’t have that locally and my daughter’s baby in Florida hasn’t yet arrived! 


The drive was just super, SUPER bumpy from Ohio to Illinois in the truck carrying the stair case! Now we know why!!! We all have been extremely disappointed that the Uhaul company didn’t check the condition of all the tires prior to getting it to John. At about 4 pm we realized that one of the inside rear tires was totally bald and shredding totally apart so we’ve been currently sitting in a BP gas station in Illinois waiting for roadside assistance to no avail! It’s definitely going to take us 3 days to get to Wyoming at this rate!


On the bright side, this was the sunset this evening! 


Hoping we will be on the road first thing in the morning with a repaired tire! Until then we are impatiently still waiting for roadside assistance! Here I am with Matt aka Ted K with seat heaters and a warm van while John works out the details with incompetent UHaul!! 



No comments: